Ten Years Later

"Madeline, can you bring the trays out?" Asked Paula as Madeline had just gotten down the stairs.

She heaved a sigh, "Anything for you, Paula." She went over to the counter and got the trays as Paula smiled and patted Madeline's head.

"Thank you."

Madeline walked out of the pack house and out to the backyard where they were holding the festivities. She went over to the table filled with other foods and placed the two trays she had, down beside the rest.

"Madeline," someone called out making her slightly turn her head. "Are you done packing already?"

Madeline nodded her head without looking at him. "Yes, Alpha." With her eyes glued to the job at hand, she bowed and excused herself to go back inside where the elderly ladies are still cooking and getting ready.

Madeline went back over to Paula and stood beside her, sort of leaning into Paula. "Why are we doing this again?"

Paula lightly chuckled. "It is a way for the unmated females and males to be find their soulmate, sweetheart. Every pack member has to go through it."

Madeline lowly growled and stole a cheese stick out of Paula's hands as she scolded her. "What if I already have someone in mind?" She asked as the thought of wolfy appeared in her head and bit off a piece of the stick and looked everywhere else but to Paula when she looked at Madeline with happy lit eyes.

"Oh? And who is this...someone?" She urged as she lightly nudged Madeline's side.

"Someone," She replied slowly with a small smile. She missed him so much. She wanted to go back but she knew she can't. Her Nana said it was safer to be in a pack then stay alone. She wanted to bring her to him but they had no choice but to turn the other way around.

So many rogues.

So much blood.

Nana's face flashed in her head as she took a deep slow breath and let it go. Paula's lit face turned into a worried one. "Sweetheart? Are you okay?" She turned me to look at her and caressed my face. "You're thinking about your grandmother aren't you?"

Everyone knew her story. No one was suppose to, but the Alpha, yet someone had decided to eavesdrop and spread the word. Now, whenever Madeline looked at someone, they'll give her a sympathetic look then replace it with a smile as if it'll cheer her up.

Five years, she had to endure the painful nightmare and within those five years, it was nightmare after nightmare. The only comfort she had was wolfy.

Every time she had a nightmare, Madeline would jolt awake and then go running to the nearby lake and dive in as the cold water pushes against her burning sweaty skin.

And she'll stay under water until all the blood and gore was washed away and her wolfy would appear and wrap her up like how she remember he had done.

Keeping her warm and making her feel safe and secure.

Madeline gave Paula a smile and took her hands in Madeline's. "When are we leaving?"

Paula sighed and turned back to her work. "Soon. Please go and change into the  clothes that were chosen by the Luna," she said softly.

"You mean...that little red dreadful dress?" Madeline asked as she picked up a peach and dug her teeth into it.

Paula laughed, "Yes. The little red dreadful dress with black heels. That is the ceremonial dress you will wear when you get there." Madeline groaned and turned on her heels as she called out to her. "You have about an hour and a half!"