From Bad To Worst: Part Three

"Sonya?"

I looked at her confused as she continued to sweetly smile at me. She walked over with the tray of food in her hands and set it down on the bed-side table. "You need to eat up, Luna. You have been sleeping for quiet some time."

I continued to stare her down and watched her every move. Something was off about her and I wasn't exactly sure what. She straightened her back and looked down at me with a shimmer in her eyes. "I'm glad Alpha has finally found you and taken you back."

She looked like Sonya. Even all her wrinkles were recognizable. But then again, something was off. I was more confused than ever though, nonetheless. Why would Sol be glad I was back?

"How long have I been sleeping for?" I slowly asked.

She looked in thought. "Close to three months, now, I'd say."

"You may leave now, Anya," a familiar male voice said. When I looked towards the voice, I stilled with fear. The man stuffed his hands into his pockets as he sweetly smiled at me and I stared back with a glare. Anya bowed and left, shutting the door after her.

The man walked over and sat close in front of me but I moved away from him, off the bed and stood glaring at him still. "Mate," he sighed out defeated. "Sit down."

"I'm not your mate," I snapped and headed towards the door as quickly as possible but only to have the door slam shut. I jumped and swirled around to have the man's face up close to mine. I stumbled back against the door and pushed myself flush against it. "Stay awa-"

His lips rammed against mine and an explosion of pain shoot through me. I ripped my lips away from him and screamed in agony. I was up in flames on the inside. I dropped to the ground as the man reached for me. His hands tightly gripped my arms as I screamed a bloodcurdling scream when the pain worsened.

I kicked him then crawled quickly away from him and held my stomach that began to seem to knot up. I gritted my teeth as a vicious growl escaped through my lips. My body began to shake violently. Soon, someone bursted in through the door and when they saw me, she snapped a glare to the man. "Ace! How dare you?!" She yelled as she pushed him away. He growled at her as she stood her ground. "She's already mated and marked and yet you still dare to steal her!"

"I do what I want!" He snapped. She pushed him to the wall and pressed her arm to his throat.

"You're sick, Ace. You need help," she hissed. "She's not yours."

He roughly shoved her as she went flying to the wall. "She is meant to be with me! That mark on her will fade and once it does....SHE'S MINE. Keep in mind, Wendy, that I am your superior and Alpha. Touch me again and I'll kill you." The man named Ace stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut.

Wendy came over and sat close in front of me. "Breathe in deep and let it out slow. It won't work a whole lot, but it'll help." Her voice came out shaky as she began to sniffle. "I'm so sorry you're here but trust me when I say this that I, will, get you out of here."

"Who are you people?" I gritted out through the pain. I looked up to find her tears streaming down her face. Her eyes were bloodshot red and flickering.

"I'm Wendy Dean. The man that just left...is my mate. Ace Knight."

The pain slowly subsided but was still coming and going. "Then why does he want me?"

Wendy bit her lip and wiped away her tears just so more tears could fall. "I don't know. I'm still trying to understand that myself. When I first met him it was as if..." She stopped to recompose herself. "As if he didn't feel the bond. I saw what he did at the mate chase. I saw his reaction when he met you. He was suppose to look at me like that. Me."

Her chin trembled.

I laid on the ground tiredly and looked Wendy over carefully. Immediately, I could see she was a pretty girl if her skin wasn't so pale or if her hazel browns weren't so red and lifeless. Not even that, if her long black hair hadn't been so thin, it would be her best aspect.

"Why doesn't he notice me?" She whispered brokenly as she sobbed silently.

I don't know how long I was silent for and just watching her in a teary mess, but I wasn't going to pity her. Mean? Maybe. I looked up to the dull ceiling and swallowed down any other pain I was feeling. "Maybe he isn't your mate. Maybe he didn't notice the bond, because he really isn't yours. Your mate will always feel it no matter what. The first look you give to each other to the scent they give off. You will know when the world seemed to have stopped and it's just you and him."

I sadly smiled as Sol came into my mind. My heart ached for him. Ached for his touch and soothing kisses. Ached for his comfort and closeness. The pain soared making me groan and tightly shut my eyes. My wolf howled loudly in my head making me feel dizzy. We needed him.

"Then...h-how come I-"

"He isn't yours," I interrupted. I shot my eyes open to look at her as she stared back confused. "You're just as delusional as that man who kidnapped me if you keep thinking like that. He's not your mate, Wendy. You probably smelt your mate close by and thought it was him."

I pressed my forehead to the ground and gritted my teeth when the burning started up again. "Luna!" Wendy called out and was about to touch me when she stopped. "Oh god! What do I do? What do I do?!"

She got up off the ground and headed to the bathroom and turned on the water. Wendy came rushing back and picked me up as I let out a scream from where she was touching me. "I'm sorry, Luna!" She said as she quickly brought me to the bathroom and helped me into the tub and immediately, the cold water washed over me, cooling the pain down just a notch.

Wendy fell to her knees and bit her lip, looking me over. "Is it always this bad?"

"I've mated and marked to an Alpha. I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be this bad," I struggled to say it out as I leaned my head to one side and tried to catch my breath.

"Who's your mate, Luna?" Wendy quietly asked.

I looked to her and Sol's handsome face came back into my mind. I smiled and sighed silently. "Alpha Sol of Willow's Peak."

A smile soon crossed Wendy's face. "I bet he really loves you," she said as she sniffled, wiping away her tears that had just fell. "He must be worried sick about you."

I chuckled and tiredly closed my eyes as the pain came and went. "He's not worried, Wendy. He'a angry."