A Heavy Heart - Rewritten

A/N: To those who already read this chapter....I'm re-writing this. I'm actually disappointed with myself for publishing a chapter that was not thought out well. It wasn't suppose to end like that or even to go that way. I would like to apologize. The reason why it was how it was because I was in a rush to get a chapter out and it has already been awhile. So, I am terribly sorry! It's going to be really short so, another apology!

"What if she doesn't remember us? Jared said she no longer has a wolf that, that is why it's taking longer than necessary. I don't want her to forget about us."

Two weeks later.

"She's Alpha's Sol's keep and our Luna. She just has to be okay. Stop thinking so negative."

"You always come back, Luna. Always."

"I found my mate, Madeline. It's your Gamma. You were right. If you were awake right now, you'd probably brag about it."

A month later.

"Why are you sleeping so long, Madeline? What do I do? What, can, I do?"

Six months later.

"I miss you little one. So fucking much. Please...please just wake up. I want to see those beautiful brown eyes again. I want to hear you tell me that everything is going to be alright. I want to hear you tell me you love me and that you won't ever leave. Please, baby...."

A year and a half later.

"I'll keep waiting for you as long as I have to. I promise to you that once you wake up, I'll be the first one you'll see. I love you, Madeline. Always and forever, you and I."

I heard all of it. Every single broken word they spoke, I heard. I felt every single drop of their tears and their sadness. As I sit here in the dark abyss of my mind, I cried along with them. I want to break free of this torment.

And what felt like an eternity, my wish finally came true. "I'm sorry," my wolf said as tears flowed down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry." I looked to her in silence. She looked weak and pale. Her face was in distraught. Her eyes were dull and lifeless. I stood up and made my way to her. When I got close enough, I literally just jumped into her arms and sobbed. "You're forgiven."

I soon awoke to a bright room. My eyelids felt so heavy and my body felt weak yet I was warm and comfortable. I looked around to find myself not alone and the reason behind the comfort. I looked up to see Sol's face close to mine, sleeping peacefully. As I moved back a little to see him better, the sun rays had hit his face making a growl rumble out of him and pull me in closer.

My chest swelled with longing. His touch. His smell. His closeness. I missed it all so much.

I buried myself back into his arms and just...closed my eyes, bathing in his familiar hold. His lips touched my head and my body relaxed against his. The door opened and a sigh sounded. "I told him not to sleep in the bed. But does he listen? No!" Jared grumbled angrily. "Of course he doesn't. 'I need her' he says. 'She's my mate' he says. Blah!"

I smile when Sol begins to stir. "The hell are you going on about?" He snapped groggily. "Close the damn blinds!" His arms tighten around me as I sighed in content.

"How about you get off her bed and do it yourself?" Jared snapped then stormed off, slamming the door.

"God fucking-" Sol let loose a feral growl and gently got up off the bed. Placing me down carefully then going to close the blinds with much struggle. I watched while stifling a giggle. "I'm going to fucking kill him," he grumbled angrily. "Who the fuck does he think he is?!"

I sat up and leaned against the bed headboard. "It's okay, Sol."

"No," he grunted as he tried to continue to put the blinds down. "I'm Alpha and yet he-"

He halts in all motions and words. I fisted my mouth and silently giggle. Sol turned around and his reaction made me look at him with the biggest smile I had ever given him. "Hi," I greeted.

"You're awake," he breathed out making me laugh.

"Yeah. It seems so," I said nodding, giggling some more.

He dropped everything he was doing and swallowed hard. He froze in his spot still taking me in. I watched with a heavy heart. His dull eyes began to become lighter and was lit with all kinds of emotions. His browns swam all over me as I watched him debate whether or not I really was there. His hands clenched and unclenched and his jaw twitched. "Babe?" I called out softly as his eyes snapped to meet mine. "I'm here and really awake. Can you please come back here and cuddle with me?"

His shoulders went slack and he came over and sat beside me. Sol grabbed my hands in his big ones and a sigh like breath left his lips. He picked up my hands up to his lips and kissed my knuckles. His hands tightened around me. Sol looked up to me with happiness and relief. "You're awake."

I giggled and slipped my hands from his hold and circled my arms around his shoulders, burying my face in the crook of his neck. Sol let go of his breath and embraced me, enclosing any gap there was between us. "I missed you so much baby," he whispers.

I pulled back and cupped his face, rubbing my thumbs over his clean shaven jaw. "You shaved," I said with a small laugh. Sol placed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. I smiled and pressed my lips against his, wrapping my arms around him once more and hummed when he kissed me back eagerly. "I missed you Sol. Everything about you," I said through our kiss.

"It's been fucking hell without you, little one," he mumbles.

I pecked his lips. "I clearly see it. You're swearing more than usual." I giggled when he pulled me back into his arms. "And your hair has grown." I began to play with his long hair and twirled it in my finger. "And you smell weird."

Sol growled as I laughed, holding him tighter. He picked me up and sat me down on his lap. "Are you hungry?" He asked but I shook my head. "Not right now. Maybe later. I want to stay like this for awhile more," I said as I brushed my face against his neck and placed a kiss on his shoulder.

"I'm happy you're awake baby," Sol said as he moved back. He caressed my cheek and leaned forward, giving me the softest and loving kiss. I moved my lips in sync with his, leaning in more, asking for even more. My hands went through his hair, tugging it a bit and hummed.

Finally pulling back out of breath, I placed my forehead against his. "I love you Sol."