S O L - M A D E L I N E

She's been asleep for days. Never once had she woken up but when she did, it wasn't herself. It was if her body was on its own.

Her eyes were that of her wolf as the glint of gold sparkled in her irises.

She would talk quietly and cry the next. She would be upset and furious to kill.

It was as if it was déja vu all over again.

I gently ran the back of my fingers up and down her arm as she snuggled unconsciously closer. Her skin was starting to turn back to normal and the dark bags under her eyes were clear.

If only she could open them for me to see those beautiful browns again, I'd die a happy man.

I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take my morning shower. As usual, I took a cold shower to cool myself off then after went downstairs to eat.

"Afternoon, Alpha. Hopefully you are well?" Sonya asked with her motherly smile.

I gave her a faltering one and nodded. "I'm alright. Thanks," I said as Sonya placed my plate down in front of me.

Half way through my food, a presence made me stop eating. I turned my attention to the kitchen doorway to find her standing there.

I swallowed hard as she looked around the crowded room. My heart skipped many beats as it raced at the same time. When her beautiful browns met mine, hers hesitated.

I straightened up a but and cleared my throat. "That's enough," I said as everyone turned their attention back to their own business.

Madeline's eyes fluttered as she still stood there, playing with the hem of my shirt that she was wearing. I lifted up my hand and extended it to her. She bit her lip like she had usually done and came over to me.

She moved flushed against my side as I placed my hand on her hips. "Are you hungry?" I asked quietly as I ate my food.

Madeline just shook her head and moved closer, placing her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. "Just a little?" I urged.

She looked up at me as I stared back hoping she would agree to eat but she again shook her head. "I'm still tired," she whispered quietly. Just barely audible if she wasn't so close to me.

I gave her a lingering kiss to the head. "Lets put you back to sleep then," I said as I gave Sonya a nod and stood from my chair as Madeline headed back upstairs first. Sonya threw me a water bottle as I caught it and followed closely behind her.

When we made it back, she crawled onto the bed and under the blanket as I put the bottle down by the bedside table and took off my shirt. I got in bed as she waited patiently for me to get settled down before she moved into my side and buried herself into my embrace.

After the murderous silence, I finally spoke. "I'm sorry, little one. I didn't mean things to go this way at all," I apologized as I pulled her closer.

Madeline just hummed and finally relaxed her body that I hadn't seem to noticed that was tense. "I'm sorry too," she whispered as her breath became even and steady.

And I just laid there as she slept peacefully, just watching her like I was going to lose her.

The next day came by and Doctor Jared gave her an examination.

I was going to leave them alone when Madeline stopped me by grabbing my wrist and pleaded with her eyes. "I'll be back in a few, little one. Okay?"

She bit her lip and let me go as she looked away. I looked to Jared as he motioned his head to her and moved to go over to the far side counter.

I stood in front of her and caressed her face, lifting it up so she was looking at me. Madeline looked back with glazed eyes. I leaned in and kissed her forehead. "What's wrong?" I mumbled as she leaned in.