Chapter 3

A few days after the roster was released I'm sitting in a cafe in Georgetown with my best friend, Keegan. After college Keegan moved to DC to work in the National's sports management department. She handles most of their social media accounts and really enjoys her job. It seems like she has a lot of fun too.

"Please tell me you watched Grey's Anatomy and Scandal last night." 

"They were on last night..?"

"Riley it's Friday. Last night was Thursday, so obviously they were on."

"I kinda forgot about it..I was busy"

"Busy as in having sex with Kyle?"

"Oh my God Keegan shut up"

"SO YOU AND KYLE WERE DOING IT LAST NIGHT DURING GREY'S"

"That is none of your business Keegan. I had a game last night if you don't remember"

"Mhmm I'm watching you Taylor."

"You always say that."

"Is Bridget meeting us?"

"Yep she should be here soon." As soon as I say this my "sister" walks through the door and joins us at our table.

"Hey Ri, Keegs what did you think of Grey's last night?"

"Riley didn't watch, her and Kyle were doing the nasty last night after her game."

"Keegan Lynn Parker, I am going to effing kill you." 

While I'm giving Keegan and Bridget the death stare I learned from Hope Solo many years ago at camp, the waitress comes and takes our order for brunch. 

"Bridge how's the last semester of law school going?" I ask one of my closest friends and "sister"

"It's going thats for sure. The bar is in less than 2 months and to say I'm nervous is an understatement."

"You know you're going to kill it. You kill all your exams." Keegan tells her. 

"Yeah I sure hope so."

Bridget and I had our differences within the first 2 years of meeting each other after finding out we were switched at birth. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact about why she had gotten a genetic test. It didn't make sense to me why she wanted to find out after her parents had just died. But after I accepted I will probably never understand, we moved on and became close friends. We became like sisters as we shared stories about our childhood and wondering what our lives would be like if we weren't switched at birth. We both agreed that we wouldn't trade our lives for anything since we are happy where we are in life. My mother has come to treat her just like a daughter she raised her whole life and Bridget treats my mother as if she raised her. The three of have a bond that I never thought would happen when I found out I was switched at birth.

After our brunch the three of us are walking around Georgetown for a bit before I have to get to practice and Bridget has to get to class. As we're passing the famous Georgetown Cupcakes I hear some little girls talking about the World Cup.

"Hey you're Riley Taylor!! You're on the National Team!!" I smile these 2 little girls who are starring at me with huge eyes and smiles.

"Yeah I am. Are you guys fans of the team?"

"OF COURSE! You guys are like the best team in the world. I really hope you win the World Cup."

"Thank you. I hope to see you girls at some Washington Spirit Games." I smile and wave as Keegan, Bridget, and I continue walking down the street to our cars. We reach my Volkswagen Tiguan first and say our goodbyes as I have to be at Maryland SoccerPlex in an hour for my practice.