Chapter 42

"Come with us to the game tonight!" Kate says through the phone. I'm talking to her while I get the kids' lunch ready.

I got home from practice about 20 minutes ago and I let Kara head home for the rest of the afternoon.

"Kate..."

"I'm going to be in the family area with Emily. Please come I think it'll be fun"

I'm going to cave and I know it, but I can't believe I'm going to cave with this. I've avoided most Nationals things for almost the past year. Of course I've kept in contact with some of the guys, Kate and Emily but it hurts when I see a game on TV or a Jacobs jersey on someone in the grocery store.

"What time do you want me to meet you?" I reply with a sigh.

"Game starts at 7 and we're getting there around 6:30. I can wait in the parking lot with Jackson if you want."

"Yeah that works." I say as I feed Blaire her lunch.

"Riley it'll be okay, trust me."

"I do trust you, I'm just a little nervous."

"I know, I'll be right by your side the whole night and so will Em!"

"Thanks Kate!"

"Anytime, I will see you later!" She responds before she hangs up.

"Mommy what are we doing tonight?" Flynn asks me as he picks up a strawberry.

"We're going to go to a baseball game with Aunt Emily and Aunt Kate to see Uncle Brad and Uncle Aaron play."

"So Daddy's old team?"

"Yeah..."

"Can I wear my jersey?"

"I don't know little man. It might not fit you." He face falls when I tell him this. "But I think I know something else you can wear."

"Okay..."

Flynn finishes up his lunch and I finish feeding Blaire. When they're both finished I take their plates, rinse them off and put them into the dishwasher. I wipe off Flynn's hands before he goes to play with his toys. I take Blaire's bib off and clean her hands since they're a little sticky.

I let them play for a bit before I take them up for a nap. Once they're down I head into the office to work on the booth Ali and I are running for the Pride Parade in DC. Jim thought it would be a good idea to have one at the parade so Ali, Christine, Joanna Lohman and I volunteered. We have a lot planned out so far, we have orders in for Pride scarves and t-shirts along with some fun games.

I check over the list Christine sent me about the prizes we're going to be handing out. They range from tickets to our Pride Night game in early July to little Spirit soccer balls. After I finish looking that over I open the envelope my agent Jeff sent me. It contains the paperwork I have to sign for my updated deal with Under Armour. I read it over to make sure it has everything we agreed on and then sign my name in the designated places. I text him that I finished signing everything and that I can drop it off tomorrow before the parade.

I head upstairs to grab laundry to fold and take the basket into my bedroom. I flip on the TV and see that there's an SVU marathon on. I'm about halfway through the towels when Sutton calls me.

"Hey babe!"

"Mommy are we going to see Uncle Blake?" Flynn asks as I pull into the parking lot of the Nationals players and family.

"Maybe"

I park and then unbuckle Flynn from his seat, helping him to the floor of the car. I go over to Blaire and get her out, setting her on my hip. Flynn hops down from the car and takes my hand as I grab the diaper bag. The three of us walk to the door, the security guard opening it for us.