Chapter 37

I pull up to the jewelers Kyle and I went to for our wedding rings. I hop out and walk to the door. Todd, the owner of the shop is standing and talking to another customer, he gives me a nod letting me know he'll be right with me. I reach into my purse and take out my wedding band that has been sitting in my jewelry box for the last 4 months. My engagement ring is still sitting there.

"Hey Riley what can I do for you?" Todd says to me as his other customers leave.

"I was wondering if you could size this for my middle finger" I tell him as I hand him the band. 

"I'm sorry about your husband" Todd says softly.

"Thank you" I reply looking at the ring.

"But yes I can resize it. What finger?" 

"Right middle" He nods his head and grabs the ring sizer. 

It slips a one on my finger and it's a little snug. He moves to the next size up and it's a perfect fit. He writes down a 7. 

"I can have this done by tomorrow" 

"Thank you, how much do I owe you?" I ask as I take out my wallet from my purse.

"Riley don't worry about it. It's on me."

"Todd are you sure?"

"Positive. I will see you tomorrow anytime after 4."

"Thank you so much" I reply as I head to the door.

I walk to my car and head towards my moms. It's Halloween and I promised Flynn we could go trick or treating in my mom's neighborhood with Blake and Clayton. Flynn is Captain America and Blaire is an elephant. Thankfully it's a warm day so it's not going to be cold while we're outside. 

Flynn and Blaire are already at my mom's so I go straight there. I gave Kara the day off today so she could spend it with her nieces. I had to do some errands so I dropped them off at my mom's about 2 hours ago. I pull up to my mom's house and Blake, Clayton and Flynn are sitting on the porch. The three of them look like they are in deep thought.

"Hey guys" I say as I get out of the car. 

"Mommy it's trick or treatin time!!" Flynn says as he runs over to me.

"We gotta eat dinner first little man. Let's so see what Grandma is doing inside." I say reaching my hand out.

We walk hand and hand inside towards the kitchen. We're almost to the kitchen when I hear Blaire start screaming. I drop Flynn's hand and run into the kitchen that opens up into the family room. Sam is sitting on the couch holding a scream Blaire with a scared look on her face. I go over to her and take her from Sam.

"Shhh baby it's okay" I say softly as I rub my hand up and down her back. "What happened?"

"I was holding her while your mom went upstairs and she started squirming so I tried to put her on the floor but she squirmed out of my arms and fell..." Sam says as she looks at the ground. 

I finally get Blaire to calm down and her head is laying on my shoulder. I sit down on the couch next to Sam and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. 

"I know I've been hard to put up with since I got here. I've never had people care about me before and so my instinct was to shut everyone out and act like a bitch. I probably just screwed up royally and lost everyone's trust." 

"You didn't lost my trust" I say taking a deep breath. "She's done that to me before and even my mom. Look at her, she's fine."

"She didn't hit her head, I think she just got scared..."