Chapter 41

I wake up on my back with Sutton laying on top of me. Her arm is wrapped loosely around my waist and my hand on her back right under her shoulder blade. 

I look at the clock and see that it's 7:15, Blaire should be waking up pretty soon. I gently run my hair through Sutton's hair and her arm around my waist tightens. 

"That feels so good" She mumbles into my chest.

I smile as I keep running my fingers through her hair. She eventually rolls over and props herself up on her arm.

"I could wake up every morning like this." She tells me as I curl up into her side. "But we gotta give it a few months for Flynn and Blaire"

"Agreed, I don't want him to get hurt." I say quietly, voicing my biggest fear in our relationship.

"Riley" She says looking at me. "I know it's still early, but I can tell you 100% that I'm not going to leave you. The three of you already mean so much to me. I can't lose you"

She pulls me into her and wraps her arms around my body, giving me a kiss on the head.

"I'm coming over tomorrow morning!" Ashlyn tells me on the phone. Sutton left a when I put Blaire down for her nap. She had to go home and get changed before our home opener against the Pride tonight.

"Let's make it like 11ish?" I suggest.

"I don't care, I only care about officially meeting your girlfriend since the last time I met her you guys were still friends."

I sigh at her statement as I bring Flynn his snack of apples.

"What? Did I miss something?" She asks.

"She slept over last night" I reply walking into the dinning room so Flynn didn't overhear the conversation.

"What kind of sleepover are we talking about Riley Elizabeth." Ash demands.

"Ash we haven't even made it to 2nd base yet, don't worry."

"Did she sleep in your bed?"

"Yes"

"Cuddling or whatever you guys do?"

"Yes, I woke up with her on my chest."

"Fully clothed I'm hoping because you don't need to explain that situation to your toddler."

"Yes Ashlyn, I'm assuming I don't want to know what you and Ali did on your first sleepover."

"No you do not" She tells me and I can tell she's smirking.

"I gotta go get my kids ready for the game, I'll see you later"

"Bye Ri, good luck tonight"

"Thanks Ash you too. Love ya"

"Love ya!" She replies before she hangs up.

Even though we're on different teams during the season we still talk before each game, some game day traditions don't change. 

"Mommy I wanna wear sharks for Aunt Ash!" Flynn tells me as I walk back into the family room. 

"Okay little man let's go get changed before we go!"

He runs over to me and we walk up the stairs. We walk into his room and I get his shark shorts out along with his pink shirt that has a shark on the pocket. I set them on his bed and sit on the floor to help him get changed. Flynn pulls off his shirt and sets it on the floor and them shrugs off his shorts.

He puts on his shorts and his shirt and then sits down to put on his socks. I help him put on his sneakers and then he stands up to get his hat. I go to his closet to grab his shark pullover hoodie, knowing that he'll refuse to wear anything else.