Chapter 4

To say there was not hype about this game would be a lie. Everywhere I turned there was a reminder of the Semi-Final. Twitter, Instagram, Text Messages, Snapchat. I could not get away from one of the biggest games I will have played in. This was one of the things we have trained for and we want to come out on top. 

"Ugh I can't feel my legs. They're numb from the ice" Alex says as she flops onto her hotel bed after a long day of training for tomorrow's game. 

"Agreed. I want to sleep forever. We're sleeping in tomorrow. I don't care if we get to breakfast at the end."

"I need sleep. Tomorrow's a big game."

"Are you ready for it?"

"I guess. We can only prepare so much. We've watched all of Germany's games. We know their tactics. So now we just have to go out there and own the field and play our game. We can't let them control it. We have to set the pace."

"We can't give up stupid turnovers either. We have to keep the ball." 

"England or Japan?"

"As much as I want England to win, I want Japan to win so we can have a rematch..."

"England has done really well this tournament. Honestly I didn't expect them to make it this far."

"Lex I don't think anyone did." 

We both laugh as our iPhone rings, mine with Kyle calling and hers with her husband Servando. "They have great timing." 

"Hey babe!" I say to Kyle as I walk out of our room into the hall.

"Hey Ri, how was training today? Ready to kick some German ass?"

"Definitely. I'm super excited. I also can't wait to see you. I miss you so much."

"You're going to kill it. I miss you too. Ellen and Nick were so excited when we landed and got to the hotel. You should've seen the smiles on their faces. Keegan was ready to punch someone because a little kid kept kicking her seat the whole flight."

"Aww I miss them. You brought your jerseys right??"

"Calm down. Your mom checked all of our carry ons 5 times before we left to make sure we had them. She wouldn't let us put them in the suitcases in case they got lost in the traveling." I laughed.

"That's totally my mom. I bet Blake was rolling is eyes."

"He sure was."

"Was Kaya upset about my parents leaving"

"Nah I think she was okay. She looked happy when we dropped her off at her doggy hotel. She ran to play with her dog friends."

"That's adorable." 

"Your mom even packed Kaya a jersey."

"Oh my god"

"It's safe to say she's excited. Keegan is making you a sign tomorrow." 

"Oh god this will be interesting."

"I think it's along the lines of "Riley Taylor is my best friend" but it's Keegan so who knows."

"So true"

"Ri, what's wrong?"

"I'm starting tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally content with starting but what if I fail. What if I miss a goal that I should've made. What if I get a yellow card."

"Riley. Relax. You're going to do amazing tomorrow. You always succeed under pressure. You've scored how many goals in top games? 26. Yes I know the number. You're the best soccer player I know."