Chapter 30

I look down at my perfect daughter that is placed into my arms. She's screaming, I'm crying and so are Ali and Kyle.

"Dad do you wanna cut the cord?" Addison asks Kyle. He eagerly nods his head and cuts the cord. 

"Hi sweetie" I coo to my daughter, who is no longer screaming, as I kiss her head. Kyle bends down next to us and kisses her head as well. 

Ali stands on the other side of the bed and I can see from the corner of my eye that she is taking pictures. A few minutes later the nurse takes her so she can measure her height and weight. Kyle goes with her and talks with the nurse. 

"I'm proud of you. You did an amazing job." Ali tells me as she gives me a hug. "My goddaughter is beautiful."

"I was right" I say with a laugh, she laughs as well. 

"When we know her height and weight I'll go outside to tell your brother and call your parents." 

"Thank you Ali, for everything."

Kyle comes back with her wrapped up in a hospital blanket with a hat on her head. 

"7 pounds 11 ounces, 21 inches longer." Kyle says proudly as he hands her back to me. 

"Smile, so I can take a picture and show your brother." Ali says to us. Kyle bends down next to me, putting one arm around me and the other on my arm that's holding our daughter. 

Ali takes the picture, one of just the baby and then goes outside to talk to Blake. 

"So her name" Kyle says as he pulls the chair closer to us and sits down. "Are we still liking what we chose for a girl?"

"I think it's a perfect fit." I say looking down at her, she looks up at me with her newborn blue eyes. I kiss the top of her head. 

"Welcome to the world Blaire Alexandra" Kyle replies as he kisses her on the head.

"I brought the uncle back with me!" Ali says as she walks back into my room with my brother.

"Al wanna hold your goddaughter?" I ask her.

"Of course, please tell me chose a name so I don't have to keep calling her baby."

"Blaire Alexandra meet your amazing aunt and godmother Ali" Ali's mouth drops open and she as she takes Blaire from me.

"You named her after me?" She responds with tears in her eyes.

I roll over and try to fall back to sleep but I can't. I sit up and reach for my phone and look at Kyle, who's sitting in the chair holding Blaire.

"Hey have you been holding her since we first fed her?" I ask as I look at my husband's face that has a huge smile on it. 

After I was moved into the recovery room and Blaire got her check up, I fed her her first bottle. When she was done feeding Kyle took her to let Ali and I get some sleep. 

"Yeah she's so peaceful. She's just been sleeping here and holding my finger." Kyle tells me as he rubs her thumb. 

"What time is it?"

"Around 8." I nod my head. "Your mom texted me a few minutes ago. She says congratulations and that Blaire is beautiful."

"Flynn must be driving her crazy" I tell him with a soft smile. "That's why she's not here, he woke up and Dads couldn't get him to go back to sleep."

"He's going to have a rude awakening the next few weeks." 

"As will we."

"Did you feed her?"