Chapter 22

I put the last of our things in the back of Kyle's Range Rover. Since my season ended a few days ago, Kyle and I decided to take Flynn up to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. We're heading out in a few minutes while my mom and dads headed out a few hours ago to go shopping. 

I check over the trunk and make sure everything is situated correctly around the stroller and make sure there's nothing we're going to need from back here. It's all good so I go back inside to tell Kyle. 

Kyle is wearing a pair of navy shorts on with a Vineyard Vines polo paired with flip flops while I'm wearing a pair of green shorts with a white tank top, my watch and a pair of scandals. We decided to dress Flynn in a navy and orange lion romper from Gymboree with his sneakers. 

"All set?" Kyle asks as he watches Flynn walk to reach Lilo in her crate. 

"Yeah we're good." I tell him. "C'mon baby let's go see some animals!" 

Flynn looks at me, smiles and toddles towards me. I pick him up and kiss him on the cheek. 

"Bye Li see ya later little girl" Kyle tells her as we walk towards the door.

"I wonder what she thinks when we leave." I say as I buckle Flynn in his car seat. I give him a few cloth toys to play with for the drive. We perfectly timed the drive during Flynn's nap time so I get a blanket out and put it to the side for later. 

"Yeah I do too. Like does she know we're coming back for her?" Kyle questions as he hops into the driver's seat. 

"I sure hope so." I say closing the passenger side door. 

"Alright Mrs. Jacobs where are we heading." Kyle says with a smile as we pull out of our driveway.

We pull into the parking lot for the aquarium right as Flynn wakes up from his nap. Perfect timing.

The drive up wasn't too bad. We surprisingly didn't hit any traffic. Kyle parks the car, turns it off and hops out to get the BabyBjorn. I get out to pack up the diaper bag and get Flynn out to put him in the BabyBjorn that Kyle is wearing.

I put the diaper bag on my shoulder and wait until Kyle is ready to walk.

"We good?" Kyle asks closing the trunk and locking the doors.

"Yeah I think so. My mom texted me saying they'll meet us up front."

"Okay sounds good." He replies as he takes my hand and we start walking towards the entrance. 

As we reach the entrance my parents are just ordering tickets, luckily there was no wait so Kyle and I went right behind them.

"That'll be $160." The lady at the register tells Dads

"Nick let me split that with you." Kyle objects pulling out his wallet.

"No, I want to take grandson to the aquarium for the first time, so let me do that." Dads tells him with a smile. Kyle finally agrees and puts his wallet back in his pocket. 

"Have a great time!" The lady tells us as she takes our tickets. 

"Where do you want to go first?" Mom asks us as she looks at the map of the aquarium and all it's exhibits. 

"Let's just start walking." Kyle says. 

We walk towards the Blacktip Reef section to look at the fish, turtles, and sharks. The sea turtle starts to swim by us and Flynn starts to get excited as he sees the animals. The sharks start swimming around and Flynn's eyes go huge as he sees the size of them.

"Big" He tells us pointing at the shark. 

"Do you like him?" Mom asks him.

"Yeah" Flynn says nodding his head.