Chapter 26

"Flynn let's see what Santa brought you!" I say as Kyle and I get Flynn out of his crib. 

I pick him up and carry him on my hip to the family room. His eyes light up as he sees the presents under the tree and the stockings hanging from the fireplace. We start with the stockings, Kyle getting them down for us. We help Flynn take out the cartoon character toothbrush, finger puppets, bubblebath, snack cups, a soft book, and fruit snacks. 

I take the finger puppets out of the container and put one on my finger, I move my finger and Flynn laughs at the character moving around. Flynn takes the puppet off my finger and plays with it. While Flynn is playing, Kyle and I open our stockings we got each other.

"Open yours first" Kyle tells me with a smile.

I pull out a knit winter beanie that's so soft, a huge blanket scarf and a Mophie Charging case since my old one broke.

"I love them. Thank you" I say to him giving him a kiss.

"There should be one more thing."

I dig deeper into the stocking and find my favorite food, chocolate.

"You did well" He laughs as he grabs the TV remote, most likely turning on the Disney Christmas Parade. 

"Should I open mine?"

"Yes" I reply with a smile.

He pulls out the Super Man decal for his computer first and laughs. Next he pulls out an old style Washington Nationals hat, a new wallet, and new Ray Bands Aviators.

"How did you know I lost them?" He asks holding up the Ray Bands case.

"You've been wearing your old ones, the ones you always complained about."

"Thank you" He replies giving me a kiss.

"Flynn wanna open some presents?"

We spend the morning opening gifts and playing with Flynn. Soon it's his nap time, leaving Kyle and I to ourselves. We turn on a Christmas movie and snuggle up on the couch.

"Do you want to open my gifts to you?" He asks me.

"Sure" I reply with a smile. He untangles himself from the blankets and goes over to the tree, picking up a small pile of boxes. "Ky I thought we weren't going to get a lot for Christmas..."

"You're my wife, I get to spoil you." He tells me handing my the first box. I open it to see the Alex and Ani Endless Knot bracelet, one I've been wanting. 

He hands me the next one with a big smile on his face, I open it to see a new wallet; one that matches my purse. He gives me the last one, one I can tell he's really excited about. I open it to find a silver chain with heart on it. On the heart there's the date 5.21.16 engraved, our wedding day. 

"Kyle..." I say softly looking at the heart. 

"Let me put it on you." He responds as he takes the necklace out of the box and puts it around my neck. 

"I love it"

"And I love you." He tells me as he gives me a kiss and bringing me close. 

"How are you feeling?" Kyle asks as I'm getting ready for dinner at my parents.

"Okay, I really just want to go over in sweats and no makeup."

"Why don't you?" Kyle questions as he puts on his pullover sweater over a short sleeve tee.

"My aunts and uncles are going to be over there too"