Chapter 50- new

"Ann. Hi" I say as I shift Blaire on my hip. "Um c'mon in"

"I caught you at a bad time didn't I?" She asks as she walks into the foyer.

"No we're just having a lazy day" I answer. "This is my girlfriend Sutton, Sutton this is Kyle's mother Ann"

"Nice to meet you" Sutton says with a smile and Ann just nods her head.

Oh boy this is going to be interesting.

"Well you know Kyle's birthday is this weekend and the reason I'm in town is to visit his grave on his birthday" She tells me and I nod my head as Blaire curls into my shoulder. "I was wondering if you've decorated the grave site"

"I have not. I've gone a few times to place flowers but it's nothing permeant."

"Oh I see"

"It's hard. And you are one person who should understand more than anything."

"Well it seems like you've moved on pretty quickly" She states as she looks back and forth between Sutton and I.

"Blaire come here" Sutton says holding her arms out for Blaire and I give her to her. "Let's go play with your brother"

"Momma" Blaire says as she wraps her arms around Sutton's neck.

"Momma?" Ann asks as Sutton walks away.

"Yeah they call her that"

"Riley you're allowing that? What if it doesn't work out between you two? Second marriages have a higher failure rate"

"You don't think I understand that?" I ask getting heated. "I understand that more than anything. It terrifies me to know that my husband, the man I loved, won't see his kids grow up. But I'm also so happy. I've realized in the past year with my relationship with Sutton how lucky I am. I have this amazing woman who loves me and cares for me. She supports me in everything I do. She loves my kids like they're her own. And honestly that's the best thing I can ask for in life."

"It's hard Riley, seeing you move on without Kyle and experience everything without him and now with someone else"

"Ann" I say taking a deep breath. "I fully understand how hard it is but I have to keep going for my kids sake. You know Flynn asked why you didn't come to his birthday party and Blaire doesn't even know who you are"

"I guess I just don't understand why"

"Why what?"

"Why you're dating so soon?"

"It's love it just happens. And trust me I wasn't sure if I should dive in right away but I made sure she was in it for life and not just a fling"

"And is she?"

"Yeah she is. She's amazing with them"

"Good"

"Would you like to um come in? We were just hanging around today since Sutton didn't feel well this morning"

"I would love to" She says with a smile.

Thank God this ended well.

She follows me into the family room and smiles when she sees Sutton laying on the floor and letting Flynn and Blaire drive cars up and down her back.

"Flynn, Nana is here" I state and he looks up and smiles.

"Nana" He responds and gets up to give her a hug. He runs over and wraps his arms around his legs.

"Flynny you've gotten so big!" She tells him and I go sit down next to Sutton on the floor.

Flynn brings Ann over to the rug and makes her sit down next to him. Sutton rolls over onto her back and then sits next to me with her back against a chair.