Chapter 2

After keeping my head down to watch the music videos on my phone over and over for a while I was suddenly blinded by a dark blue cloth in my eyes and mouth. Confused and irritated I lifted my hood back to see Aaron had pulled my hood over my face, he looked amused at my less than joyful reaction.

"Don't touch my hood" I whispered aggressively , noticing we were both wearing a dark blue hoodie. Not identical but similar in some aspects.

"Awe come on, loosen up a little. I've seen you listen to the same song like... 8 times probably" He said, rolling his sunken eyes and crossing his long arms as if to tease me.

  I scoffed "The Black Parade is the best album to ever exist in all of history" I quipped back coldly and paused my music, not wanting to miss the perfect chorus. I sing it in my head every time I hear it, no matter what.

"Yeah I'm sure, what about Michael Jackson? Queen? The Beatles? What about real, good, old music?" He raised an eyebrow and I groaned in annoyance. Everyone says that, they just don't understand how perfect the emo trinity is.

"Did you get sent here because you annoyed your teacher to death slowly and painfully?"

  He laughed deeply then stared down at me with his soft gray eyes, thinking long and hard, wrinkling his forehead in contemplation. 

"Aren't you supposed to be one of the smart, goody goodies? Why on earth would you ever be in detention?" 

  I took a deep breath in and sighed "Yeah, but Mr. Knott was being boring and having a bad day, and I groaned or sighed or whatever" Trying to move on from the topic, still feeling insecure being in detention.

  He shrugged carelessly and looked around at the other kids playing games on phones and building paper ninja stars to throw at the yellowing wall and each other.

"I can't believe they held everyone here when the game is tonight." He said to no one in particular.

"What game? Sorry I'm not very much of an active sports type person" I tilted my head curiously 

"It's alright, me neither I'm just going to the volleyball game since everyone's going. I don't understand the sport at all. Sports are like girls for me I guess" He grinned and looked over.

"You are quite difficult to decipher you know Olive? It's very new. I'm usually very good at reading people" He said taking in a deep breath

"Oh geez, get off your high horse and go listen to Queen or something" I was extremely irritated. Who does he think he is? Some magical freaking god. And he seemed nice and shy before.

"Leave it, hey, come to the game with me. Everyone is going to be there and I know for a fact there is no way you have any plans. It'll be fun" He pleaded/demanded

"Nooooo" I groaned and leaned back in my chair. "I hate having anything to do" 

"Well if you don't go I guess I could just" he leaned over and quickly grabbed my phone from my hands and smiled mischievously "Delete all your precious songs"

  I reached over quickly, scrambling then bunching my nose. "Fine, but I'm not promising to stay for the whole thing" 

  He nodded and returned my phone gently. I gripped my phone in relief and cringed internally at the thought of having to go out and socialize with people. I already have a person and it's Blaize. That's plenty.

I Hate PeopleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara