Chapter 13

The next rainy day, my very last day of my weekend until I had to face the idiots of school. I found myself in black fuzzy, thick, sweatpants sitting on the library door at 4:00 in the afternoon.

I was browsing through the categories to see if I'd ever missed anything good, that was rarely the case. I rolled my fingers over my favorites and pulled them out to read my favorite pages.

"You hit the lord of the Titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush" ~ Percy Jackson

I smiled to myself and closed the book softly before returning it to its rightful place on the shelf. Thank god for the blessed Dewey decimal system.

I loved that quote so much. There were so many deep and inspiring quotes but sometimes the silly quotes could be perfect and exactly what I need to cheer me up or keep me going.

My eyes drifted up lazily as the strict librarian wearing a lilac sweater walked by slowly, giving me a warning look then proceeding with a huge handful of books to put back... Probably checked out by the elderly and students who just decided to study last minute to keep from failing or getting grounded...... Probably both.

I got up and wiped my sweaty palms on my dark sweatpants then leaned to crack my back after sitting for such an extension of time, it felt so nice and I lie on my back for a few seconds before standing and rolling my shoulders back.

Turning the corner of the tall, dusty, wooden bookshelves filled to the top.  I saw a tall lanky boy looking around intently and biting the inside of his cheek...... What the heck was Aaron doing at the  library? I've never seen him in the library. I'm always here.

Usually I was the only person without hearing aids or fabulous knitting skills even near this dusty pile of books and clubs of old people.

"Hey, what are you doing at the library? I thought the creepy librarian tried her very best to keep children out forever." I smiled and hoped that sounded funny and witty.

He smiled with a twinkle in his eye. "Oh trust me, she tried her very hardest but I heard there was a good Algebra book here that Dan read. Of course he was all weird about it and made me come get it myself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later we were laughing and whispering while I taught him Algebra slowly. I learned he was better at history and language arts. We could be perfect together, opposites attract.

"Wow, you're so good at numbers. I tend to avoid math at all costs." He leaned over and wiggled his eyebrows jokingly.

"Maybe if you added me and you together it would make sense to me"

We both turned bright red and started stuttering, then turned away with wide eyes.

"S-so about the quadrilaterals"

I continued on and tried to disregard the adorable statement and focus.

This boy is going to drive me totally insane and I was just taking it without a fight.