Chapter 15

"Camila did absolutely wonderful job on the piano, she may even win an award" My mom was gushing, absolutely glowing with happiness at the success of one of her daughters.

I was always smart but my mom preferred to have a flashy type of talent she could post on Facebook and talk to all her friends about.

I simply nodded along to my mothers endless statements , bobbing my head through dinner while playing with my food instead of eating it, pulling the asparagus up then letting it plop down onto the plate.

Usually I would have eaten it... My mother is an excellent cooks and I love asparagus but for an utterly known reason I felt sick to my stomach and wanted nothing more than to curl up in my bed and sleep... or even disappear for just a few days.

I finally looked around the rectangular table to see my parents and sister standing to wash the dishes. I followed robotically and scrubbed angrily.

Angry at Aaron, a little angry at Blaize, angry at my sister for making me look so bad, but most of all angry at myself for putting my walls down enough to be hurt so severely.

I trudged up the stairs ahead of my sister and started cleaning my room angrily.

My room wasn't usually dirty at all but I was going to clean everything until I felt better.

I walked downstairs and pulled the spray and paper towels along with a broom out of the closet and returned to my room to aggressively rub moistened paper towels on a window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even after my room was sparkling clean and I'd re-read the first Harry Potter book I still felt uneasy.

I saw my phone buzz in front of me

FaceTime: Blaize

I gulped and declined the call immediately.

I still had a worrying theory creeping in the back of my mind that she had been planning this heartbreak the whole entire time and I just couldn't possibly bring myself to listen to her possibly laugh and tell me how she got me so good.

After trying a few YouTube video to see if I could lose the pit in my stomach I gave up and slept. Curling up under the warm blanket brought some relief.

I stretched my legs and promised myself since I had no homework I'd dedicate tomorrow to making myself feel better and forgetting about Aaron once and for all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found myself sitting on the brown, leather couch watching Sherlock and eating chocolate ice cream.

I haven't left the house all weekend and I wasn't looking forward to school tomorrow.

Either he would find me and laugh at me or I wouldn't see him all day and I'm still not quite sure what would hurt me more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled my jacket closer and scowled to myself as the wind slapped my hair around my face.

My mother had sent me out to Walgreens to buy black tea for some weird do it yourself thing to get rid of the bags under her eyes. I am personally willing to bet an old celebrity she likes did it on a medical show.

I took my hood off as I entered to store. Any teenager alone in a store draws wary eyes to begin with and I wasn't giving them any material to judge me more.

Pacing quickly with my feet dragging on the peeling carpet. I turned down the aisle with a short old lady in a hippie shirt comparing prices between different brands of coffee.

My eyes drifted lazily over the black teas, decorated with cute pandas and drawings of the Chinese empire on the mini boxes.

Finally I settled on the cheapest one since my mom hasn't given me any money. She probably just forgot to give me any in her haste of dishing out chores to Camilla, dad and I but I highly doubt she'll pay me back.

I wrapped my fingers around a small panda packaging and turned around the corner. I stepped in a short line behind the old hippie woman who apparently couldn't make up her mind and just got both coffees.

"Awe crap" I heard a young voice and turned around to a lanky, short boy with a blonde buzz cut.

"You ok?" I looked down and saw that he dropped some bubble gum on the floor and was reaching to pick it up with a soda bottle in his other hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's your name" he seemed as if he only wanted to have a distant, polite conversation and that was perfectly fine by me.

"I'm Olive, and you?"

"Seth" He smiled and stood straight again as my throat dried.

It couldn't possibly be Aaron's brother. I didn't do anything that bad to the universe to deserve this.

I mumbled something about being happy to meet him then paid with my crinkled ten dollar bill and made my way out of that store faster than your average person with even two cups of coffee ever could.

What