Chapter 12

I woke up and rolled over to slam my alarm clock.

Yes, finally it was the weekend and I could sleep for hours in my bed and avoid the weekend vacation to the beach.

Ugh, sand in my clothes and that sore place between your toes where the flip flops were and the invisible, inevitable sunburn that haunted me for days.

I waited for about a half hour closing my eyes and feigning sleep. Finally I heard the garage door open and shut with a loud, metallic bang.

I sprung out of bed and immediately grabbed my jacket, wrapping it around me and rushing down the stairs.

I grabbed the butter, flour, and half empty milk then heated up the stove. Tapping my feet I flipped three pancakes onto a ceramic, red plate and shuffled back up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about three hours my room had a plate and a plastic fork on my sisters bed and me.... lying in a lump on my bed surrounded by my competed homework which maybe burned part of my soul to do. I'm surprised any of my soul is left after this dreaded advanced program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few minutes I felt my phone buzz in my pajama pockets.

Blaize: Calling

I sighed unnecessarily loudly and answered, lying on my back and facing the ceiling above while she started chattering endlessly and quickly.

"Sorry I had to leave yesterday Olive, but you know for a fact I can't control it- and before you ask I did in fact know we were going to see The Good Dinosaur but I knew you'd say no and I thought maybe Aaron would like it too. I have my...."

I could hear her pause and start going through her classes in her head in order until she got to the right one.

"Oh yeah, I know! We have Career planning together! He's really funny to bother do you two know each other?

"Not really..... We had that one detention from Mr. Knott" God, I must be an awful liar... Blaize always calls me out but I was mentally crossing my fingers that she wouldn't realize just this once.

"Oh yeah. He gets in trouble for dumb stuff sometimes. Well I've got to go die in my room while my sister watches My Little Pony, Bye!"

She hung up leaving me so very relieved she hadn't noticed my lie. Well it hadn't been a total lie that we met in detention but I definitely knew him better than I let on.

I hated how much I liked him. I'm pretty sure I have a major crush if a the books I read are correct then I believe I do.

This is just so irrational. I walked around my room and picked out my favorite shirt to wear on Monday to see Aaron.

Don't get me wrong I'm still not going to be glittery and girly for anyone under any circumstances but I'll wear my favorite Avengers t shirt under my jacket.

I set the outfit down on my chair and sighed. Pulling out my Algebra workbook I started finishing what would be due in a few months. At least I wouldn't have to do it later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few hours I had put all my loose homework away and l lay down staring at the ceiling and listening to Green Day then drifting off due to my always tired state of mind.

I guess having fun and daydreaming would just have to wait until tomorrow. For now I had to lie peacefully in a room far too bright for my tastes.