Chapter 18

~6 Months Later~

I crossed my legs covered in grey sweatpants, wearing Aarons jacket and flipped through all my favorite episodes of Parks and Recreation. I'd surely seen them all countless times but somehow each and every time I watched it I got lost in a character I'd ignored the last time. Right now I was mainly focused on Donna.

"Hurry up slow poke" I whined and threw my head lazily on the couch, looking back to Aaron standing in the kitchen. 

Aaron was microwaving popcorn while looking over at the television screen with scrunched eyebrows.

"I still don't get how Leslie is so obnoxiously happy the whole time, it has to get exhausting." He said as the timer went off, bleeping until he opened it and I shrugged my shoulders under my oversized jacket in response. 

"Well ask Blaize. She does that crazy stuff all the time with an oversized smile. In fact she's a little bit terrifying as well." God, my best friend is a psychopath in disguise.

"No crap! She found my infant pictures on my moms facebook and from some random newspaper article" His eyes widens and he motioned wildly with his hands, Blaize must seem nuts to people how haven't known her forever, I'm still pretty sure she's off her rocker.

"You know she means well Aaron" I smiled as he walked over with the popcorn and sat down on the couch, Aaron's favorite character was Ron and mine was April, we seemed to resemble them. Especially with me getting easily annoyed and such.

He looked down at me with loving eyes as the next show began with it's catchy theme song. 

"You know you're basically perfect"  He cracked an award winning smile and I scoffed sarcastically next to him.

"Basically? I am perfect." I fluctuate between loving myself to no end and feeling like garbage, you can tell how I'm feeling currently.

We laughed hard and moved closer together, resting our heads on each other I took a deep breath and realized I could stop fighting life. Everything was falling into place for me in my life, I could settle down and be happy with this tall dork.

I think this is the most relieving moment of my life, to sit here watching the best show ever in a cozy jacket next to a total geek and realize you made it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way this is based off a true story