Chapter 19

~10 years later~

I groaned and fell back onto a large quilt behind me, unpacking boxes was not my cup of tea. Especially when there's at least thirty more to go.

Aaron walked in to see me collapsed on the floor so he offered his hand to help me up off the tile.

"You wanna take a break? I saw something on the drive here you might like" He smiled wide.

I quickly dusted my jeans off and nodded, dashing up the stairs to grab my phone and wallet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we arrived the teen in me laughed, he'd taken me to a small ice cream shop with a spinning cone on the curb outside.

"It's nice to remember where a relationship started love" He smiled and looked down at me

"Well if I remember correctly it started in detention, which certainly cannot be a good omen" We never really fought, just dumb spats like this or over who could beat who in Avengers matchups.

"Taking you to a dingy detention center didn't seem romantic, plus this place has chocolate ice cream" He lifted his eyebrows as if daring me to doubt him and motioned for me to step in, It was the perfect ice cream parlor, not too busy, a little run down but beautiful like a towns hidden treasure.

"Perhaps you made the right choice" I said happily and grabbed onto his shoulder"

We began ordering, I of course got chocolate ice cream, he decided on superman ice cream. I looked at him intently as he sat down.

"Really..... DC?" We had always agreed on Avengers being our favorite, even though we had a mutual love for Batman.

"Your ice cream isn't even super hero related, psh" He turned his nose up sarcastically and laughed. 

I love that all our fights tend to head in this direction, meaningless banter and teasing. We had matured together and managed to keep one another young. It was truly a gift to have fallen in love so young. Being stubborn it had been hard to admit of course to anyone.... especially Blaize since she loved the idea.

I felt a cold poking on my face and looked up, scrunching my nose to see Aaron tapping his spoon on me.

"You just drifted off to nowhere babe, mind telling me what wildly interesting thing is running through your head" Aaron knows I often drift off thinking about nothing at all.

"Just thinking about how stubborn I am" Turning red at my admission I looked down into my melting ice cream

Aaron fake gasped loud enough for everyone to hear then threw his hand over his chest "You?! Stubborn?! No!" 

"Oh shut up, lets get going" I rolled my eyes.

The backdrop was perfect, I was wearing his blue hoodie and meandering lightly as we walked back to our new house, ready to take on the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know the main character is stubborn because her real life person angrily corrects every part of this story, lol