Chapter 17

"Nope, I can see that look on your face now let me speak before you overload me please, I cannot fight with your huge rage shoved in such a small container" He started out, immediatley defensive and trying to explain himself. Oh this was the part I was dreading.

On my way to the library I stopped to help Dan organize his locker because it's always really, really freaking messy and the locker door fell off and sliced one of my arteries" 

He pulled the sleeve of his dark blue hoodie up to reveal extensive bandaging. I really didn't mean to bail but I don't even have your number. Which I think we should change right now."

I was left stunned as he handed me his phone. Usually he was so shy but you could see that he really prepped himself to say all these things. My mind drifted off to him pacing around and talking to himself in the mirror.

I handed him my phone and unlocked it. He quickly typed his name and number into my contacts and set a picture we had taken together at the mall as his contact image.

I set in my name and number, taking a quick selfie then handing his phone back. 

"Why didn't you just ask Blaize for my number? You know her and you know she has it." This had been bothering me since he apologized.

"I assumed you didn't want me getting all the little bits of information about you without you knowing. That seems a bit invasive love."

Wait, what?! Did he just actually call me love? I could feel my cheeks heating up and I directed my eyes downwards. Oh god, he just had to be really adorable and kind and make me forget all my promises.

My promise didn't seem important at all anymore. I felt like the most ridiculous person on earth for ever even thinking those thoughts.

"Hey, I saw that you ribboned for art in the county fair. Today is the last day it's open and I'd love to go see that and maybe ride a few roller coasters. Would you like to join me?"

I took a deep breath and smiled "Excuse me? Is that a date?" 

"I believe it is Ms. Rios" He was very much enjoying being a cheeky little charmer.

"Then I will attend this event with you, under one condition" 

He raised an eyebrow and held his hands behind his back. 

"And what is this ridiculous command that you dare ask the lanky man?"

"There must be chocolate ice cream involved" I think I might be enjoying this too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Throwing my head back and laughing as he gripped my arm lightly.

"Oh, come on. Tell me big, tall Aaron isn't seriously afraid of a roller coaster." Of course I was only teasing. Some things are just terrifying.

"Really Olive?! That thing went upside down at least nine times! The human body is not built to withstand that type of pressure. Especially not mine! I'm so tall I could just be blown over by wind at the top."

We both paused and looked at each other sternly until slowly breaking into a smile.

"I had a lot of fun with you today" I said slowly while starting into his eyes deep into his pure soul.

"I want to officially ask you to be my girlfriend" We both stopped walking and looked at each other in the middle of the fair. Things around us seemed to blur and move slowly.

This is what I wanted. Finally it was happening and I could stop being so paranoid it never would. I felt like I should really answer fast since you could see how anxious and nervous Aaron was. 

I giggled lightly and looked up at him and crossed my arms 

"I'd be absolutely honored to be your girlfriend Aaron"

"He smiled across his face and the world around us resumed with it's usual activities"

"And I'd be honored to be your boyfriend, or designated ice cream purchaser" He said as he motioned to an ice cream stand while taking my arm as we walked over to it happily.

Everything was finally falling into place beautifully as nobody could have planned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Except maybe the author