Chapter 14

I felt totally awake and ready to conquer the day. Dressed in my lovely Avengers shirt too boost my overall confidence around him, or as Blaize called it "Marvelous"

I was never a morning person but I was ready for study hall when I would keep teaching Aaron Algebra and talking. Maybe he would say something else cute and shy like the perfect geeky paradise he was and I would think about it all day and zone out in conversations smiling while I reflect and think of clever things I should have said to him.

I was trying to keep my feeling under control since this was so not me in any way, shape, or form but it was so fun to be near him. Like we were perfectly awkward together in an adorable and relatable was. I liked the way he leaned back when he laughed and smiled wide and I liked how much brighter the world looked when I was near him.

People even looked a smidgen less dumb and evil which I had been trying to manage for years, I figured this would bring some ounce of joy or competitiveness, I had no victory but he had done it perfectly and immediatley for me without even knowing how amazing it felt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I floated on an endless chocolate ice cream, young love kind of cloud made of pure happiness through all my morning classes with no homework even being assigned! Along with floating through lunch until going to meet him in the barren library, setting out my books and pencils neatly with ninety degree angles due to my slight OCD and perfectionist attitude.

I looked around and smiled at the boy reading on the old beanbag tearing at the seams in the corner by the rack of old magazines and dusty newspapers that teachers use for research projects.

He's coming soon, right? He would skip or anything .... no way only total jerks did that in awful movies and books where the main character fell in love with the geek in the end, happily ever after. Aaron was thoughtful. I popped my head up to look out the window, expecting to see him approach quickly, panicked, probably apologizing for being late and how bad he felt.

If that happened I would feel fine, relieved this was so important to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About a half hour later I did a sad, droopy eyed scan around the now vacant room one last time before slowly packing my things, zipping my backpack and walking out of the library with my backpack slung over my shoulder hastily which I didn't think through, now my head and shoulder were sore. Maybe it was some type of cruel joke and he couldn't even pretend to like such a nerdy geek anymore just for Blaize's entertainment.

I gulped what felt like broken glass and acid, then proceeded into the girls room which was tiled an awful, drab pinkish color. I entered an empty stall and paced around, breathing heavy and calming myself. I walked out looking pale and feeling like a paranoid, flaming, wreck on the inside.

I finally understood why I always avoiding falling for anyone. Feelings only hurt you in the end. I took a deep breath and sat in class all day. Answering questions robotically and rushing onto the grimey, awful, bus faster and more eager than I ever had. I sat down quickly and placed my backpack on top of my knees to block me from any peering eyes, despite to fact that nobody paid attention to me in the first place.

Once the yellow hell on wheels came to a shaky stop I picked up my bag, rushed off and let the cool air slap me in the face.

"Hey sweetie I made asparagus if you want some."

Wow. Perfect. Of all the days my mom decides to have a lovely family dinner she chose this day.

"Fine mom, be down in a few minutes."

I threw my backpack on the bed and kicked the wall. My sadness turned to anger for letting myself be put in a vulnerable position. Stupid Olive, Stupid Olive. I need to stick to school work and school work only.

Because good grades lead to a good college and a good college leads to a good job and a good job leads to a good, satisfying life. No boy can improve my life in any way and I need nobody. I can do everything myself.

I put my chin up high and nodded. Then slumped my shoulders as I prepared to sit with my whole family for about an hour of hearing about piano recitals.

Is anyone I don't know even reading this? Lol.