Chapter 3

I looked around, trying to see if I knew anyone at this dreaded game. I knew plenty of people.... Didn't like many of them though.

"How long do we have to stay?"

  I whined and crossed my arms looking over at Aaron who had zipped his blue hood up and rolled his eyes.

"Just calm down, we'll stay for at least the first half then... Ice cream in downtown?" He asked slowly afterwards.

I silenced and looked down "Like... Like a date?" I stuttered and played with my fingers. Oh my god could he like me? Do I like him?
I hate when people make me think about deep social relationships, plus this kid doesn't even like The Black Parade.

"Yeah, well no. I mean.... Would you want to go on a date?" He looked nervous as he answered, that was almost cute. Not actually cute of course because I definitely don't like him.

"No! Not at all, w-why would I... I mean you're fine but I don't know you."  I answered quickly, completely surprised by the question. What could prepare someone for such a sudden question?!

"Well then let's go, and you can get to know me. It'll be fun, I promise" he smiled encouragingly and put him hands in his pockets.

I looked over at some empty seats in the back of the bleachers, surrounded by awfully loud kids taking selfies and drawing on the yellow wall with sharpie and eyeliner.
I know it's a typical feel thought but I couldn't wait to enter the workforce to finally be better than the mouth breathing, makeup covered, baboons that are worshipped like gods in the hallways.
Sitting down bed to Aaron silently I tried to keep up with the game. I kept bobbing my head left and right across the waxed gym to keep my eyes on the ball.

"I don't know any of these rules to be honest." He smiled and blushed slightly. Looking back on the field. He moved back into the motion of head bobbing and I thought to myself.

  Even if I don't like him I can still think he's really sweet, right? And maybe a little, little bit cute. But not really of course. I'm not crazy.

Starting to understand the game and cheering along with Aaron, laughing and whispering about the awful cheerleaders, laughing at the desperate way they looked at the guys in the stands. Simply pathetic honestly.

  It passed by quickly then he turned to me happily.
  "Ready to go?" He asked
"We can wait till its done maybe" I said slyly, starting to enjoy it a little.
"It's already over Olive!" He chuckled "Time flies when you're having fun you know"
  He pushed my shoulder playfully.
"So?" He smiled at me widely and looked down into my eyes.
"Ice cream maybe? My treat"