Chapter 5

I opened the red door to my house, peering sneakily around to luckily see nobody home. Most likely at one of my little sister's monthly piano recitals. Bleh, I thought to myself of all the piano concerts I'd had to attend. I threw my phone on the couch carelessly and collapsed into a blob of stress for the upcoming homework and butterflies for these upcoming feelings. About to make me a total wreck of emotions.

 I heard my phone buzz after a minute or so, so I rolled over while adjusting my neck on the older pillows. The text was from Blaize. No surprise, she's the only person who ever texts me. It read

Blaize: I feel weird, not a bad weird. Is it you or should I text my sister?

I smiled to myself and rolled my eyes as if I had an inside joke with myself. I honestly don't think Blaize is psychic or anything. Don't worry, I'm not crazy. But I must admit she does have a good way of.... reading the universe if that makes any sense. Most likely not but I'm not good with words.

Me: Don't worry it's me. No biggie though. :)

I cringed as soon as I sent that. I never ever send any emoji's. In fact the majority of my texts never surpass three words. Blaize always gets on my case about it and how it demeans communication, but now she'll be sure to grill me in school tomorrow to find out what happened that could be such a bug deal. Whatever. I'm sure I can come up with a good, or at least somewhat believable lie. Even if that's usually her thing to rule at.

I got up and made myself a microwave burrito, slathering it in cheddar cheese.... I may be lactose sensitive but nothing will separate me from cheese. it's too perfect to ever dream of avoiding. 

After I finished preparing my meal I sat down in the family room and fell asleep to Parks And Recreation, crying for some unknown reason. Not very surprising since that show always hits me in the feels. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and swore at myself internally, realizing it was already 4 am and I still had lots of important homework to do. I tiptoed softly up to my room, turning on my phone light under the checkered covers and lightly worked through my Algebra homework, along with my science mini projects.

I kept blinking to keep my eyes open, yawning and stretching my legs which still adorned skinny jeans with a small ice cream stain to remind me of a happy afternoon filled with butterflies and conflicting emotions I would have to face at a later date. 

After about a half an hour of absolute silence and diligence I fell asleep with my phone not plugged in and still wearing skinny jeans and a blue jacket.

Living in humid state of Florida I should have known better than to sleep in a jacket. I woke up a total sweaty mess. Taking a quick shower and missing breakfast. I didn't sing in the shower. Just hum lightly to the waterproof radio in there I got for Christmas a few years back.

I hummed along drowsily to Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy before hurrying up, throwing on an old batman tank top then my jacket, rushing out the door and just making it onto the obnoxiously loud and grimy bus full of first class idiots. Sighing I went to turn my volume up then realized my phone was dead from last nights disaster.

I kicked the seat in front of me and tried to fall asleep for a few minutes on the ride to school.