Chapter 9

After all my classes I walked out of school with my eyes drooping. I'm totally convinced I'm not a morning or night person, but rather a strong mid-day type of girl.

I slipped my list of allergies in Aaron's locker. It was easy to locate after asking Dan.

"Locker number 5-8-22" I mumbled to myself before slipping the note in. The allergies consisted of a whopping seven bullet points.

Things I'm Allergic To
-Grass (kinda)
-Orange juice
-Pollen
-Anything with fur
-Anything with feathers
-Lactose sensitive
-Gluten sensitive

I sighed after looking at the list. Why did I have to be born with so many normal things able to kill me?!

Slinging my backpack over one shoulder and slipping my earbuds in to the annoying reality that my phone was still dead, I trudged home on what typically would have been an awful day.

But for some completely odd reason it wasn't that horrific on this particular space in time.

After I got home and did my homework immediately I heard an incessant knocking on the front door and opened to see Blaize holding food dye and a bag of bread.

"Come with me!" She motioned behind her with the bread bag and squealed. "I have an idea"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty extraordinarily confusing minutes later Blaize was painting lips on the bread with food coloring and explaining hastily while I zoned out to avoid believing in one of her weird government conspiracy theories that would cause me to feel scared by looking at our governor. But Rick Scott looked pretty ridiculous on his own.

A little like Voldemort I agreed with myself, spiraling into a pit of non-related ideas to distract me from the nonsense that was Blaize's crazy plan.

"And once they eat it their beaks will look like little human lips and it'll be perfect and adorable and nobody will ever worry about anything ever again in the whole existence of the universe and time" She ended her sentence by clapping her hands together to affirm that I was listening, which I was not.

I know it may be hard to believe for any sane person but Blaize was actually advanced too. She had applied for the advanced high school/college program near us and won in science fair. To be fair she dreaded math for everything it was worth while I tended to enjoy math a lot. Well...... Excel at maybe not enjoy quite at all.

I think she likes to be just wacky enough to be not taken seriously in a competitive situation so that when someone gives her a task or demeans her she raises up and punches them in the face unexpectedly. I like that about her but I prefer to just do my work and move on.

"That makes absolutely zero sense, literally you're hurting my soul and my mind  just making me listen to these plans! Where's the written evidence? Any point in this?!"

She shrugged off my question and set a few painted lip breads float out onto a clear, local pond while watching with crossed legs and wide, excited eyes.

While I didn't expect operation duck lips to work I did find it amusing and rested my chin in my cold hands watching the ducks smear liquid red all over their brown and yellow beaks.

It looked far more like the ducks had buried their head in a dead fish's vein pumping an ocean of blood, but she was satisfied with the results so I was as well.

We walked home complaining about our teachers, especially our yearbook and math teachers, and debating on minuscule issues along with earth shattering ones like climate change. We tended to agree but still liked to fight, or debate a lot.

After about a block of walking down the sidewalk  she sighed and started stomping like a toddler sarcastically.

"I'm tired" Then her eyes focused on something behind me, tilting her head in curious confusion.

"Hey Blaize........ Doesn't that kid go to our school or something?"

I turned around and was totally surprised to see Aaron reading on a blue, rusty metal bench about 3 blocks from my house. He looked completely into whatever book it was.