Chapter 11

"Truth or dare?" I asked, as I stuck the spoon full of chocolate ice cream into my mouth, closing my eyes at how perfect it was. I think some of this stuff must just rain from heaven 24/7.

"Hmm I'm not sure I trust either answer but just to be super bad boy I'll go with dare" He winked jokingly and laughed along with me in the busy ice cream parlor.

"Fine, you super ultra "bad boy"" I motioned around the words adding emphasis and teasing him. "I dare you to mix your cotton candy ice cream with some of my chocolate and eat it."

I was fully aware it was a mild dare but I didn't know him that well. I couldn't tell him to go lick a stranger or slam his head into a wall. It seemed nice and light hearted.

He cringed and took a scoop of each of our ice creams with a big spoon and glared at me playfully then mixed them on a paper towel, I kept adding napkins under it so I wouldn't leak everywhere all over us.

He looked down at the odd brownish color and then up at me. "We both have to eat it, it looks weird and I'm taking you down with me"

I scrunched my nose up in disgust and took a spoonful of the awful looking mixture as he did. We looked expectantly at each other.

"3...2...1... Go!" We said together and pinched our noses before shoving the ice cream into our mouth.

After a few seconds we both looked surprised.

"This is actually pretty good" He sounded astounded and I nodded in agreement.

"It tastes great! Not as good as simple chocolate of course but still! Amazing. What should we call it?"

"Brown Candy?"

"Pink and Chocolate?"

"Extreme Sugar?"

"Fairy Tracks?"

"Chocolate Cotton!"

We nodded together in agreement to chocolate cotton and mixed the rest of our ice cream together and ate out of my little foam cup. Eventually the ice cream shop closed and we had to leave.

"I don't really want to go home yet" He said while sticking his hands in his jacket pockets and looking down at me, interested and joyful.

"Let's go head to the mall! We can just wander around"

I absolutely loved the mall... not for clothing and purses but for the huge, endless, beautiful Books-A-Million stocked with frozen yogurt, doctor who collectables, and of course books! Walking around just felt right. Like somehow I lived in a big city somewhere.

"Lead the way m'lady" He motioned towards the central part of our town and I looked up at him. In awe that I could grow so attached to someone so quickly. It was way to late to cut him out of my life. I was slightly addicted and I just wanted more of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we got there I dragged him into the Disney store where we sat and watched the large screen playing snippets of Disney and Pixar movies along with songs.

"I don't want to forget this" He said softly while I rested my head on his shoulders, yawning and smiling at the screen which displayed the ballroom scene from Cinderella.

"Neither do I"

"Hey, lovebirds. The store is closing up now" The once perky lady behind the counter said.

We both blushed at being called lovebirds and nodded, leaving the store at about 11:45PM. He walked me to the entrance of my house and hugged me. I snuck into my window and rolled around my bedroom trying not to squeal.

I can understand why Blaize always pushed so hard for me to have a crush.... I have to admit it's such a heartwarming and special experience.