chapter | 3

Ass fat, yeah I know
You just got cash? Blow sum mo'
-

"Beat her ass Monica." I exhorted to the TV loudly. I was in the middle of Secret Empire. Sandra had told Monica that she was only using her to get to her husband. Monica's a bad bitch, so you're never bound to know what her next move is. Therefore, I had a feeling she was going do something unforgettable. Soon as the show ended I walked to the kitchen only to be met by a phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mel, it's Alyssa."

"What's up Lyssa?"

"Nothing I just need your opinion on the dress I'm going to wear on my date with Ray tonight."

"Wait. He's not going to the party. And okay send me some pictures of the dresses."

"Nah. He said it was going to be lame, so he asked if I wanted to go on a date. Plus he said he wanted to spend time with me." She gushed.

"Awe you guys are so cute."

"Thanks. So do you and Chresanto have something going on?"

"No why'd you say that." I said laughing. "Well not yet." I mumbled softly. Hopefully she didn't hear me.

"Well let's just say I saw you and him in Qdoba chatting it up. Oh yea and, the usual gossip from Kennedy, but I'm going with primarily what I saw." She replied snickering a little. Soon my face started heating up. Great I'm blushing. It's a good thing she's not here because she would've teased me about it.

"Yea okay Lyssa. I'll talk to you later. Oh and send me a picture of the dresses." I replied rather quickly.

-

"Melanie dinner is ready. Go get yo daddy." Katherine said smacking her gum. Ugh she's so annoying and unsophisticated. She acts so ghetto for no reason. "After living in the hood for 3 years I wanted to turn myself around and that's what I did." Bullshit. I've met her mother and she's very open-minded, educated and wealthy. Ha. Lived in the hood...? When? Because I've seen her old houses or should I say mansion, but I guess. I only tolerate her because of my father, but for any other reason it's out of the picture.

"Okay Katharine." I said harshly. I walked up upstairs and knocked on my pops door. "Hey dad dinner is ready." Jacob wasn't home, so I didn't have to worry about knocking on his door. I think I have a idea of where he went tonight.

"Okay I'll be down shortly sweetie." He replied. I walked back downstairs and went to the small bathroom near the kitchen to wash my hands. I walked out and sat at the table as Katherine set the table.

"Do you want me to help you?" I said with a little attitude.

"Yea that would be nice." she answered rolling her eyes. This bitch did not just roll her eyes. I got up and got the cornbread and greens and sat them on the table. "There all done. Is your father coming down?"

"Yea he should be down right..... about...... Now." Then we heard a creak from the wood. I only knew he was coming down because I heard a door shut when she asked that question. Soon after we fixed our plates and began eating.

"Mel, are you going over your mother's house this weekend?" My dad asked. I had to finish chewing the food in my mouth before replying.

"Yea, I plan to leave in the morning. Is that alright?"

"Yea. That's fine." After I finished I took my plate to the kitchen and washed it and went upstairs to my room. I wasn't tired yet, so I started to pack my overnight bag. Just so I wouldn't have to worry about it tomorrow in the morning. After I finished packing my bag I got on my laptop to see what the recent gossip was on social media. "You're joking Taylor didn't do that." I whispered quiet, quickly grabbing my phone texting Aylssa about what I saw on Twitter.

Lyssa is it true Taylor shot a porno? -Mel

Yes. It's everywhere. I feel bad for her. -Lyssa

Me to. I need to sleep. I'm going to my moms tomorrow. Night. -Mel

Night. -Lyssa

-

I had just pulled up into my moms apartment complex. She was on the patio drinking coffee when I walked into the apartment. I hung my keys up on the hook near the door walking towards the patio door. "Hey ma." I spoke quickly walking towards my room putting my 2 bags down.

"Hey Mel. What's up?" My mom replied as she stepped into the house.

"Nothing much. Where's Alana?" I asked about my younger sister.

"Oh she went to her little friends sleepover."

"Oh okay. Is it okay if I take her to the mall with me, later?"

"Yea that's fine sweetie. I have a date tonight so I need you to babysit." She says winking.

I laugh. "With who?"

She smirked, chortled slightly. "For me to know and you to find out." I just continued to laugh shaking my head also.

Around 4 o'clock Alana came home and went straight to room her after I told her I was taking her to the mall with me. "Lana you done?" I question because it was almost 5:45.

"Yea I'm done." She responded opening the door and walking out.

"Okay let's go." I quickly grabbed my purse and keys and headed out to the car with Alana trailing not to far behind. "Where do you want to go when we get to the mall?" I inquired.

"Uhhh, how about Forever 21, Hollister and then the food court. After that I want to get my nails done."

"Alright." Once we arrived to the Mall we went straight to Forever 21 not wanting to waste a bit of time. I looked around soon finding the cutest sweater I had ever seen, I just had to get it. Alana found me and showed me the outfit she found. I payed and we started our journey to Hollister. Once we got in there it was a little to dark for my liking and I lost me vision for a few seconds only to find myself on the ground. "I apologize shawty. Are you okay?" A male voice spoke to me.

"Yea I'm fine." I replied getting helped up by the man that knocked me down.

"Wait is that you? Melanie? Melanie Thomas?"

"Yeah. This is she. Who are y- Oh my goodness." I said with a blank face.

----
Lyrics: "Throw Sum Mo'" by Rae Sremmurd
Ooo cliffhanger.
Who do you think it is?