chapter | 4

I think if all the madness in my head
All of the things that I did back then

-
Melanie

"Uh. H-hey Jason." I said a little stunned to see him. Honestly I thought I would never see him again, considering what he had done to me.

"How have you been? Long time no see huh." He replied smirking slightly. He knew it irked my nerves when he did that. Although he took a slightly different appearance from the last time I saw him, I still had a sort of aversion towards him. He grew at least another 3 inches officially making him 6'5, but it wasn't that bad compared to my height of 5'11. I also recognized that he had a box hair cut with a blondish top, and God only knows I love guys with boxes, but on him it kinda made me sick. He also got his braces off.

"Yea long time no see. Well I gotta go." I say in a hurriedly tone looking at my watch just to make it seem like I was busy. We all knew I had nothing to do. "Alana where ar-" I was cut off by Jason grabbing my arm. "Umm can you not touch me." Yanking my arm out of his grip. I really hate when people think it's ok to touch me. I don't go around grabbing on you, so don't do it to me.

"Awe, Mel why leave so soon, when you've just arrived. Right." He tired reasoning smirking slightly. I needed to get out of here as soon as possible.

I just rolled my eyes lightly, trying to keep my nerves down. I really don't need to be irritated on my mini vacation. "Wrong. I would've "just arrived" like 20 minutes ago, and would've been able to look around, but someone like you decides to have a conversation knowing we aren't on good terms." I avowed and watched his smirk drop eventually allowing me to see a little anger appear in his features by my sudden outburst, but quite frankly I could careless. He didn't care when he hurt me and embarrassed me in the same exact way, so why should I.

I swiftly walked away to go find Alana. She was over in the teens aisle looking at this cute crop top as she held up a pair of dark acid washed jeans to it. "That's a cute outfit. Want it?" I offered it to her.

"Yea." She answered rather dryly. I simply ignored it for the moment because I couldn't risk having to deal with Jason's ass again today. We'll just talk at lunch.

"Lana want to go somewhere else for lunch instead having food court lunch." I asked before we walked all the way down to the food court, so we won't have to waste a walk back if she answered yes. Honestly I was hoping she would say yes. As of right now I didn't want to be anywhere near this mall.

"Yea, whatever." She agreed but something was completely off about her mood. She was just happy 30 minutes ago.

---
Chinese Restaurant

"Two adults." I assured the lady at the cash register. Considering that children older then 12 don't get the special discount. And unfortunately Alana was 13 no biggie tho. After we got our food I had to see what was up with Alana. "Lana what's wrong with you?" I inquired.

"Nothing is wrong with me." she spluttered. I knew she was lying. She can be so intransigent at times, and that only irritates me. By saying that only makes me a hypocrite though because I can be stubborn at times, and I know it irritates those close to me.

"I'll try this again, what's wrong Lana?" I reiterated again hoping I won't have to repeat myself again.

She softly sighs before replying, "My boyfriend, he's constantly cheating on me. Then after he cheats on me he cries to me saying how sorry he is and my dumbass keeps taking him back." Hearing about her having a boyfriend is no surprise, Alana is really pretty. She takes features from my mom more then her father. She inherited my mom's long curly hair just as I did, nice smooth brown skin and brown eyes. She is truly a beauty.