chapter | 12

You make me feel like I did you wrong
-

Chresanto
Friday
"Chresanto, someone's at the door for you," my grandma said softly.

"Alright, here I come." I really didn't feel like getting dress or anything, so I went to the mirror fluffed out my tiny fro and dusted off my shirt.

"So, how has he been?" I knew that voice oh to well, but then again I might be hallucinating.

"He's be-" Grandma started to say until she heard the stair creak. Both of their turning towards me.

Melanie I knew it. Thank God, I wasn't hallucinating.

"Chresanto.. Oh my goodness I missed you so much. How have you been? Are you okay? Give me every single detail. Maybe over lunch let's go. No wait y-"  I had not clue of what she was saying because she keep rambling on and on and on. To be honestly the only things I heard out of that whole speech was Chresanto... Missed... Single... And Lunch. I grabbed her shoulders trying to cut her off which happened rather abruptly. It's only been a day I thought to myself.

I could definitely tell she needed some oxygen, but she wasn't allowing her lungs to get any, and I know for a fact she has asthma.

"You need to stop talking and breath," I laughed a little at the fact of how cute she was acting. I don't know it was special and amazing. "And yes we can go for some lunch, I'll love that. Just let me go change. Hey grandma, keep her company." I quickly jogged up the stairs turning on the shower about to get as spiffy as I possibly could. I decided on wearing some dark jeans and a black hoodie with a basketball jersey over it. I grabbed my all white air forces jogging down the stairs. "Okay I'm ready."

"Okay. Bye Grandma August." Mel said before I drug her out the house.

--
Melanie

"I'll have the middle done Steak with French fries with a large Sprite please," Chresanto says to the waitress swiftly looking at me look at the menu.

" I would like a Cheeseburger with a side of French Fries with Ranch sauce with a Sprite please," I said handing the menu to the waitress once I was done ordering.

"Okay, is that all?" The waitress asked sweetly. I simply said yes. "Okay, I'll be back with your drinks shortly."

"Thanks." Chresanto and I said at the same time. "So, how have you been? Since you didn't answer my question earlier."

"Eh. I've been alright just in and out with my emotions. The funeral really got me. Especially during my speech. But honestly, I can say: I'm just happy to see you. How have you been? Actually, how is basketball?" He asked smirking a little. He knew I loved Basketball and talking about it. As I began to answer, the waitress was back with both of our drinks.

I smile involuntary. "It's going well, so far. We haven't done anything to crucial."

"That's coo. I'm still thinking about trying out for the boys team. I want everyone to know my name before I leave." He says popping his collar.

"I'm pretty sure everyone already knows your name, but you should. That would be so coo. Or maybe just come to basketball games it doesn't matter which, but you have to do one at least." I looked around the restaurant simply analyzing my surroundings. I hadn't realized that this place was almost packed. Good thing we came prior to this. The waitress was also coming with our food so what it seemed....
Or not anyways. The conversation with Chresanto during lunch was a amazing. I liked having deep conversations with Chresanto. I think it makes our relationship stronger.

Precisely 10 minutes later the waitress came with our food. I could sense the hunger in Chres' eyes and I knew he was very ravenous, and his appetite was expanding at the moment. I'm just inferring.

Just like I predicted was Chresanto eating voraciously, it was like he was barely chewing his food.

"This is so amazing. Thanks Mel for taking me out," he said in a mellifluous voice. It made my spine shiver a bit.

I couldn't finish my food, so I asked for a to-go-box. Chresanto began to disparage me for not finishing my food, but I was full to my maximum capacity. "Thanks, though Big Head." Chres announced once again.

"No prob. Kid."

"I'm older than you."

"I don't care quite frankly." I throw back quickly.

We were driving to his house now. I could tell he was starting to shift into another depressed mood, " Hey Chres if you ever need me. Just call please. I'm here no matter what." I exhorted in the most secure way possible.

"Ok."

"Don't be intransigent about it okay. If you need someone don't try to cram or keep it all inside; let it flow out. I got your back." I assure once more.

"Okay. I'll text you later."

"Okay, bye Chres." I innocently kissed his cheek and smiled before letting him exit my car. Maybe that gesture would insinuate that I do care for him a lot. And I want to make sure he's okay.

The drive to my house was silent as I listened to Bryson Tiller. I love his music, it brings in a image of the perfect boyfriend and I like that. I definitely need a Bryson Tiller.

Anonymous

I've been lowkey about my feelings for awhile now. I quit. I plan to get what's mine back. Even if that means hurting someone close. I don't really care what the end result is. I've been in a continuous triangle between friends of mine and Chresanto, and it's tiring as fuck. He knows what we have can't be replaced, so why even try.

He can't just up and leave me, and act like I never existed. First love. Nothin can top that. I'm the person that helped him when he needed it. When we were together everything was perfect. I'm just going to let him have his fun. But not too much fun, he'll be back with me in no time.

---
Vote and comment. Sorry for any mistakes.
Lyrics: Hotline Bling - Drake

Comment the singer of Hotline Bling (video in the mm).