chapter | 13

She gets her way
-

Chresanto

I still getting those calls from that random number. Every time I opened the voicemail, it would say something about along the lines 'Hey Chresanto, it's your father and mother.' I was completely confused cause I thought they didn't want anything to do with me. I hadn't talked to my grandma about it yet, but I'm sure she would freak out.

Anyways, in a month or so buys tryouts will be happening. I think I'm going to try out again for he second time in my high school career. Although I pushed basketball to the side I had a excellent reason. Well you guys already know I was focusing more on football, but that all payed off in the end. I got a full ride scholarship to the University of Phoenix. I just received the news from my grandma not to long ago. I couldn't wait to tell Mel. I planned to commit as soon as possible.

I didn't have much to do today. My schedule was very open today. I didn't plan on going to church today because I needed some sleep, but I also need to get somethings done. First was a hair cut well because my hair line at the moment wasn't too pleasant. Actually I think that's all I needed for this school week.

I drove to the barber shop with no problems. I listened to Yo Gotti on my way there.

"It goes down in the DM." I sang along to the song. That song is super dope and I love the beat. I parked my car, turning it off when the song was over. I stepped out the car, locking the doors walking into the barber shop.

"What's up y'all?" I asked walking in like it was my home.

"Nun lil cuz, what you need?" My older cousin Kj asked.

I pointed to my head. "Obviously a hair cut." The barber shop was full, so I just sat in the waiting area. I took my phone out opening Instagram- well at least I tried til I got another call from that one number again.

"Hello?" I said in a unsure voice.

"OMG he answered. Hello, hello Chresanto," the voice spoke sounding like a joyful female.

"Yes?" I was still confused on who it was. They obviously knew who I was.

"It's your parents," they finally stated. I just froze, it literally felt like everything in the world froze. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a good 2 minutes. "Hello, Chresanto."

"Janet I told you to wait to tell him, now the poor boy is scared. Chresanto, son it's your father. Are you okay?" I slowly stood walking out the barber shop doors and standing near a post.

"Y-yea I'm fine. What do you guys want? Actually who are you guys?" I didn't want to sound smart or like a jackass in fact, I was being completely serious about this. These people could possibly be my parents. I'll just have to check with my grandma.

"Well for starters, don't get smart with me. I'm your mother Janet August and right here next to me is your father Nate August," she said through the phone. I really want to know what they looked like, but I also needed to know why they decided to call now to check on me. "We were calling to talk to you. How old are you now?"

"17. I'll be 18 soon. Why are you guys just now calling?"

"It's a long story." I could tell that Janet August was the dominant one in the relationship considering to makes and decides all their desicions, yet some of them aren't to bright.

"I have time." I said not really sure if I did or not. Maybe about a good 25 minutes.

"Okay, well it all started when you were young. Your father and I couldn't support you. We were weak as a family, so we were planning to send you to a adoption center..." She stopped allowing Nate August to tell a little of the story.

"My mother, your grandma found out about our decision, and she wasn't pleased with that idea at all. She decided to put things in her own hands and decided to take care of you. She ousted us out of your life until you were old enough to make your own decisions, or she would give us your number when you turned 18."

"Long story short we tried to give you away for good causes, but your father's mother wasn't pleased, so she took you away from us for good," Janet said.

-

After getting my hair cut, I drove home in a frenzy because I needed answers. I fidgeted with the key for a good 45 seconds because I was so anxious to hear her side of the story. "Grandma... Grandma..." I spoke loudly. She obviously wasn't here, so I went to the kitchen to see a note on the refrigerator.

I'll be home around 4-5. Went out to get groceries. -Grandma

I simply shrugged my shoulders grabbing a pop then went up to my room. I heard my phone ring, I quickly grabbed it reading the caller ID before answering. 

"Hello."

"Chres bro,"

"What's up Ray? What ya need?"

"Bruh nothin, I got some news for you,"

"Shoot." I said in order for him to continue.

"Ight, so Alyssa parents are letting us go to a resort in Miami for fall break. Which is next week," he said extra hype.

"And what that got to do with me," I asked opening my pop I got from the refrigerator in the kitchen. I knew for a fact my grandma would not like this. She hates when I drink colored beverages in my room. She just hates having to clean up soda stains. So I'm being very meticulous with the drink and my actions.

"Get this, her parents said we could bring one friend, and so I'm bring you," Ray said. Alyssa's parents are so prodigal, they'll do anything to keep her happy.

"Who's Alyssa bringing?" I questioned as I furrowed my eyebrows a little. I needed to know all types of information before going on this trip.

".... I don't know. Hey I'll catch you later Chres," he said. I knew by the long pause he had he was lying. She was probably bringing Mel. I smiled softly knowing this trip would be hella lit with her.

Wednesday

The week was dragging on. I asked my grandma about my parents. She told me the exact same thing as they said, but it sounded more secure from her. I really didn't want to be associated with my parents, but that's not how it's flying with my grandma. She wants me to talk to them, so I did. We're coo and all stuff. I plan to see them over summer break. Grandma said I can only go on this trip if I commit to going with them for two weeks in the summer, so that's what I'm doing.

I asked Mel if she was invited to Alyssa's little get trip, and she excitedly said say causing me to smirk at her. Oh boy this trip is going to be amazing.

Anonymous

It's about to be so hectic. My sleeves almost full of tricks.

-

Hey guyssss. This story is almost at a end. About 7-9 more chapters. I'm adding tons of twists in it, so be prepared. Tell all your friends about my story I would really appreciate it.

Share, vote, comment and follow.