chapter | 9

I bet you start lovin' me
Soon as start lovin' someone else
Somebody better then you

Melanie
Friday

Today Chres and I were suppose to hang out around 5. Right now I'm getting dressed. I dressed causal of course because I decided that we were going to go go-carting. Oh yeah. I planned the whole thing. But he had to pick me up because my car is in the shop right now. "Where you going lil sis?" Jacob said peeking his head in threw my door. His hair was a messy and all in his face.

"I'm going go carting with my friend."

"And who's this friend," he said raising his eyebrows a bit.

"Someone for me to know and you to find out. I'll be downstairs." I walked downstairs clicking my home button to see what time it was.

4:45

I had a whole 15 minutes. I didn't want to eat anything because I knew I wouldn't want to eat the food at the go-carting place. The pizza there is bomb, so I'm saving my appetite for that.

Since I had time to spare I just watched this random show on TV. It was really odd and confusing, so as soon as the credits flashed on I shut the TV off and got on Instagram.

-

6:30

I waited 30 minutes. Then another 30 minutes. Then another 30 minutes. By this point I just gave up on this date thing and went to my room and changed into my pajamas.

I was completely feed up. I was really excited about spending the day with Chresanto since we really haven't went anywhere in awhile. But I guess he had some other things to attend to.

Hey Mel. Sorry I can't make it today, I had to watch my cousin. - Chres

Okay whatever. Thanks for warning me after the fact. - Mel

I'm sorry maybe tomorrow. - Chres

No thanks. Bye Chres. - Mel

On that note. Since my hair was down I throw it into a ponytail and wrapped it in a scarf.

I grabbed the remote going to the TV guide randomly scrolling. I decided to settle on BET 'Baps' I unlocked my phone scrolling through Instagram. Something caught my eye that was real off. Real fucking off.

Chresanto and Kennedy both in a picture at that one expensive restaurant. Not only did he ditched me, but he lied to me on top of that. Babysitting your cousins, my fucking ass.

I groaned really loud causing my step-brother to come in my room.

"What's wrong Mel?"

"Every fucking thing on this earth," I said screaming through my pillow. After I that I sighed turning to Jacob. "Remember when I said I was going out earlier." He just nodded his head telling me to continue. "Well I like him like a lot and I just found out that he was out with this girl that I really despise. He rain checked me on our get together. Sugar coating it with a lie."

"Mel don't worry about him, alright."

"Alright," I sighed.

"Just so you know. If you love something just let go. If it loves you it'll come back if it doesn't it's wasn't  meant to be."

"Shut up Jacob. Always trying sound intelligent," I chortled after the fact. He kissed his teeth and rolled his eyes.

"At least I try."