chapter | 7

And I ain't never did this before (No)

-

He's not meant for you. He's mine and will continue to be mine. You're better off with someone else. Or no one. -343-2378

That's the second time I've gotten that message this week. I had no clue what this message meant, but I needed to know. Chresanto and I have been hanging out a lot recently and I believe that's one huge clue. There is only one him I've been around and that's Chresanto. I mean it could be any of his groupies, but only one came to mind and that was Kennedy. To be honest I didn't want to give her any satisfaction or start any unnecessary drama, so I left it alone.

Tonight was homecoming and Chres was playing today. Of course I was going to go and support him. Ever since we stumbled upon each other and got to know each other, I could say he was my best friend. So much was on my mind at the end of this week. Like how basketball tryouts were starting next week and this big English project and my grandparents flying in around November sometime. I had to let my mind take things in, in a sequential order. First starting with my English project. It's not due in another week or so, so I wasn't that worried. I just wanted it out of the way.

I needed free time and that's exactly what I got this Friday. I dressed in all black since it was a black out. I got some eyeliner and wrote Chresanto's jersey number on my face. I tied a white bandana around my head adding a little mixture into my outfit. I really didn't want to wear just one solid color so I added that. I knew Jacob was going because from my room I could hear the shower running. "See ya at the game Jake."

"Alright."

On my way there I was jamming to the radio music. They were playing Slow Motion one of my favorites. I sang along with the lyrics softly as I waited at the stop light. I looked at the time, seeing it was only 6:30. I had a whole hour before the game, so I took the long way to my school. I need something to kill time so why not.

Arriving to the game around 7:15 wasn't all that bad. Except for the long line for tickets. Ugh Varsity games. Once I got my ticket I walked up the stairs to the bleachers where I found Ray and Alyssa caked up. "What's up niggas."

"Mel. Hey boo." Lyssa said.

"I thought I was your boo." Ray pouted. Oh gosh let me go.

"You are baby."

"I'll talk to you guys later." I'm pretty sure they didn't hear what I said considering that they were making out. I walked over to where I saw some of my basketball buddies.

Take his jersey number off your face you slut. -343-2378

Nah. I'm good. -Mel

I had a guard up for every female that tried to talk to me just because any bitch could be sending me these messages. I haven't told anyone just yet because I think it'll stop soon, but I could be just utterly wrong. I turned my phone off and turned my attention back to the game. It was starting to get good.

-

"You did awesome Santo." I said examining his helmet. It had dirt smears all over it. It needs a washing.

"Thanks. And thanks for coming."

"No problem. To be honest this outing was like a break, that I really needed. Well I gotta go." I remarked checking my watch. I walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and saying a simple good bye before walking off. It was a normal gesture I've sort of got use to.

Stop kissing my man, you little hoe. -343-2378

Why are you watching me? -Mel

I'm not watching you, I'm watching my man. -343-2378