Moving in a Better Direction

Beatrice came to my room early the next morning to see if there was anything I needed. I asked her what Cain was doing and she informed me that her Alpha was training in the field and that I was not allowed to travel to that part of the territory. She apologized greatly when delivering that portion of news.

"It is alright Beatrice, is there anything to do today?" Beatrice shook her head slightly and gave me a smile.

"Nothing has been placed on your schedule for today, save for a casual meeting with the Alpha tonight. You have permission to contact your family if you wish. They have already been informed of the situation at hand and your pack members that were with you are currently residing in the Mountain Dweller's territory." My eyes widened slightly. What would Rosemary and my parents think of this? What would Jasmine think? A light smile graced my lips, they would all probably be ecstatic. I looked up towards Beatrice.

"Calling my family would be wonderful, thank you." Beatrice pulled out a small phone and informed me that it was a phone with a secure line to prevent rogues from snooping. What they would do with my phone call to my parents I had no idea, but any precautions to prevent an attack by rogues would have to be accepted. The Fire crest Pack did have a bad past with rogues. I briefly thought of my mates scar along his abdomen and struggled to subdue the urge to send him warmth and comfort through the small bit of bond we shared.

I called my parent's home phone and soon my mother's light voice was heard over the phone. "Hi Mom, I'm safe." The rest of the phone call was filled with tears from my mother's side of the phone and many words of fear explaining how she believed I had died and then many words of praise for my work as a healer and then congratulations for finding my mate. I did not tell her of the contract with my mate and his distant behavior and merely told her I could not be happier to have found my other half. I held a similar conversation with my Dad when he finally made his way onto the phone he had a few choice words along the lines of not caring that my mate was an alpha and saying that he'd harm anyone that harms me. I merely laughed lightly and humored my father's high ego.

Speaking with Rosemary included many high pitched squeals, from her side of the phone, which made Beatrice jump. I laughed truly at both of them. "So let's get real girl, how hot is he?" Rosemary's question made my heart skip a beat. My mate was attractive no doubt but putting that thought into words made me lightly uncomfortable.

I felt my cheeks warm oddly. "He's very... handsome." Rosemary screeched like a hyena and I felt my lips turn up into a rare grin. I would miss seeing her every day. I had distanced myself from many since 'losing' my mate but Rosemary always managed to stick around, I was grateful for it, I still am. We talked for 30 or so minutes more before she had to go and help train some pups. We agreed to talk on the phone very soon and I knew the promise was not empty.

I handed the phone back to Beatrice and her smile was as bright as the sun. "I'm happy to see you so happy Luna. Would you like some food? I can prepare breakfast for you now." I gave her a light smile, she was very kind and it seemed to be genuine. Her mate must be very kind also.

"Yes, thank you Beatrice."

"Great! I will be right back!" She turned and made her way to the door and I quickly stood, with only a small struggle and called to her.

"Wait!" Beatrice turned quickly, concern and a bit of fear in her eyes.

"Yes, Luna? I'm sorry did you want something else? Did I forget anything?" She looked around the room almost frantically but then locked eyes with me again and then looked down and bowed her head slightly.

"No, Beatrice you have done nothing wrong, please raise your head." She did so and looked at me with an unsure expression. I gave a small smile. "I merely wished to accompany you. Have you eaten yet?" She shook her head lightly. "Will you eat breakfast with me? Away from this room and in the kitchen maybe?" Beatrice blushed quickly and then her face lit up and she opened the door widely.