A Tearful Hello

Author's Note:

Hello all! I am both happy and sad to announce that Becoming His will be ending shortly. There will be about three parts remaining in the book and then it will be coming to an end. Thank you so much for having gone through the journey of this book with me and I hope you will come back to read more of what I post in the future. I have two books in the works at the moment that I am hoping to be posting soon so be on the lookout! Once again thank you and happy reading.

By the time Cain and I got to the shore the sun had long set and the headlights of the awaiting vans were the only thing lighting up the beach. Erick ran into the water as soon as Cain stood and embraced his cousin. Cain looked surprised but soon relaxed and embraced him back.

"Erick, are you crying?" Bianca asked in a teasing manner and he quickly pulled away from Cain with an aggressive wipe of his eyes. I heard the distinct sound of a sniffle come from him and bit back my smile as I wound my hands around Cain's arm. The familiar sparks were both pleasant and relaxing.

"No, why would I cry? It's not like I was worried. I knew we'd find him, ya'll were the worried ones. Not me." He started making his way back to the van grumbling under his breath. He wasn't fooling anyone.

"We're happy to have you back." Adam said and gave Cain a quick hug. Everyone else gave their sighs of relief and hopes that he was doing well. Cain took every person in stride looking happier the longer it all settled in. We were together and his family, his pack, was here to support him and many more waited for him at home.

"Alpha, we will return the board for you. Please feel free to go back to the pack house. You have many very anxious to see you." A warrior spoke up and Cain nodded.

"Thank you, use this to pay the fee." Cain fished out a plastic bag from his shorts that held his wallet and took out a card, giving it to the warrior. Cain turned to me with a warm look in his eyes and planted a kiss on my forehead pulling me closer to his chest. I smiled into it gripping his sides pulling him closer to myself. "Let's go him." He mumbled and I nodded.

We all packed back into the vans and Cain gave directions to the building he was staying at. It was a small hotel, a light blue chipped paint coating the outside and a few plants surrounding the area that I could still see in the dark. Cain looked at me once the van was parked and his eyes held a look of apprehension. "Promise me when I get back you'll be here and this isn't a dream." He said softly and I grabbed his hand in both of mine bringing it to my lips where I kissed his knuckles.

"I promise I'll be right here when you get back. I won't move a muscle." Cain smiled still looking nervous but nodded and hurried into the building. I watched him run away hoping he'd return back sooner rather than later.

"Are you guys going to be all touchy feely 24/7 now?" Erick teased from the front and Bianca hit him upside the head.

"Don't criticize them just because you're still without a mate. Jealousy looks good on no man, especially not a boy." Bianca reprimanded and if it were anyone else I'd defend them but knowing Erick he didn't need any defending. He was more sure of himself than anyone I'd ever met.

"Ha you make me laugh Bianca, you do. It's really cute." He winked and Bianca rolled her eyes. "But don't misunderstand, I'm far from jealous or lonely. Why at the very pack house waiting for us to return I have five, yes FIVE lovely females waiting for my attention. Besides, I'm not the one who's been spending all week drooling over a certain warrior." Erick grinned and Bianca looked flushed. Her eyes shot outside the van to Isaiah who was guarding the entrance of the building. She turned her stare back to Erick, a glare taking over her panicked expression.