Is That a Chicken?

-3 days later-

The sound of the room was suffocating and the heat was just as much so the same but there was a smile on every face and I have never seen a cake so large in my life. Today was the day of Jake's birthday and his parents, the pack's Beta couple, Isabelle and Paul could not be happier.

"I swear to god kid if you throw that cake I'm gonn-"

"Amber!" A very pregnant Beatrice cut off Amber's threat and glared at her from her seat as he cradled her pregnant belly. Ray stood protectively beside her even though the biggest threat to Beatrice at the moment was a sugar high.

"Please tell me this baby is going to pop out soon." Beatrice moaned and Ray rubbed her shoulders in comfort.

"You're due this week so just hang on a bit longer. Do you want me to ease some of the strain?" I asked and she nodded frantically removing her hands from her belly to give me access. I moved slowly so as not to worry Ray's wolf and allowed my hands to provide healing to her aching body. Much of the color instantly returned to her skin and she sighed in pleasure.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" She said to me with dreamy eyes and I managed a sincere smile and a small laugh.

"I don't know, how much do you love me?" I asked.

"A lot, a whole freaking lot." She said with a grin. I smiled back.

"I love you too Beatrice." I removed my hands from her and her hands went back to stroking her belly. She seemed much more relaxed.

"Alright kids! Time for the obstacle course!" Isabelle shouted with excitement and I felt relieved. That meant we could go outside where there was fresh air and more room.

The course was large and children and teenage pack members alike were running it, racing each other up inflatable ladders and through giant hoops to get to the end first.

"You gonna give it a go Emily?" Amber asked form beside me and I shook my head.

"I think I'll leave this one to the kids."

"You're such a grandma." Erick commented as he suddenly stood before us. "Did you know she knits? Who the hell knits at her age?!" I frowned in his direction and hoped he would stop talking. I was knitting a blanket for Beatrice's pup.

"At least she's not a 5 year old stuck in a 12 year olds body." Adam teased as he entered the conversation and put an arm around Amber who leaned into him affectionately. I looked away from them.

"I'm 18 you old fart." Erick bit back.

"Who you calling an old fart?!" The new voice was a surprise and suddenly I looked to the voice to see Henry. Erick looked nervous.

"Uncle Henry?! No one sir! Just joking around with the gang." He smiled nervously looking for help but no one offered it.

"That's Alpha Henry to you! Your mother says you need some straightening up! What kind of trouble are you causing over there at that pack of yours? Why your father is one of the finest wolves on this side of the continent and you have the audacity to...." Henry went on with reprimanding Erick and it seemed to please everyone within earshot. I on the other hand chose to shut it out and slowly separated myself from the small group going unnoticed.

The party was a hit and it was the happiest I've seen many of the pack members but I couldn't bring myself to take part with as much enthusiasm. All I could think of was Cain and how much I missed him. We weren't fighting but we also weren't talking.