We Are All That We Have Left

Our 'rooms' were cells besides those of the other girls. They were equipped with a thick metal door and stone walls. Four chains were attached to one wall and a girl warned us that if we misbehaved we would be chained up. There was enough space to take four steps in every direction, that was it. There was no light besides what was able to shine through the bars from the hall. I was never a claustrophobes person but this space, this cell, made me want to slam my body against the walls until I was able to free myself of this hell.

Michael had left us in our rooms for a few hours now, thankfully Amber and I were next to each other, neighbors I guess. She was on my right and the cell to my left was empty. It was the girl in the cell to the right of Amber that had warned us about the chains. She was the mate of a Beta from the East, her name was Carrie. She had no idea where we were and said that the days were hard to count down here but if she could guess she would assume it had been two weeks since she was taken. I could not see her but she sounded slightly defeated, I couldn't blame her.

"Amber..." I spoke into the darkness, my back against the wall closest to her room.

"Yeah?" Her voice sounded far away, I had to strain to hear it well. We couldn't risk shouting or even being heard communicating.

"What if we can't get out?" She was silent for a minute and then two and I thought it likely that I wouldn't get a response.

"Then we die trying." Her voice was firm. There was no other option really and I was afraid of dying but I was more afraid of giving up on trying.

I hate to say we fell into a routine after a while. It had been maybe a week or so that we had been with Michael. He didn't spend much time with us honestly, I was grateful for it but that thought of what he might be doing out there worried me.

My wolf was constantly antsy and begging to be let loose but they kept us weak and beaten to the point where we could not shift. Michael had been using me often to heal his members. I hated healing them, they all gave me perverted stares and often tried to get a grab in when they could. I always left feeling disgusted. I never used my full abilities when healing them and left them half healed and honestly only partially on most occasions with an added numbness so they couldn't feel there injuries as badly. They were terrible men, I had no desire to save their lives.

Each day the groaning from each cell grew louder. At first I thought it was from hunger, boredom and fear. Now I realized it was so much more. It was pain, pure pain. Amber experienced it and so did I. The pain of being away from your mate felt like you were losing your soul more and more each day. This along with the constant pressure of your wolf begging to be released caused for a terrible experience. In my weakened state I only had the opportunity to heal myself every so often, most of those oftens I gave to the other girls. We were only able to see each other for a few minutes a day when they would spray us all down and make us change before them. It always attracted the largest crowd of men.

The girls here were all slim, not the healthy kind, we were fed a bowl of oat meal once a day. Their bodies were bruised and beaten, scars long healed. Skin that once hardly ever felt the hand of pain was now damaged and even burned in some cases. I was able to heal a few girls after the men got their show out of us. I'd sometimes be able to slip between us all and get to heal everyone just a bit to help with the pain. It was on the seventh day of doing this that things took a turn for the worse.

"Emily, you need to hurry he's coming back." Amber waved her clothing a bit in an attempt to cover me slightly from view without being obvious. I was currently working on a nasty bruise along the ribcage of one of the girls. She had been kicked in the side last night for crying too loud, she was the newest. Only 15 and the younger sister to an Alpha from the West.