Being With You

It was hot, really hot, when I started to wake up. In full truth it may not have actually been hot, I may have just became accustomed to the cold of the cells that I had almost forgotten what it was to be truly warm. Cain's arm still remained in my grip, we had hardly moved. I looked to the side out the window and saw that it was still dark outside. It looked like a portion of the sky may be slightly lighter meaning the sun was nearing but still very far.

Everything seemed far still, even Cain and he was laying right beside me. He was perfect in appearance, all the way from the ends of his hair to the tips of his toes. He was god like in not just looks but also strength. I wished that I could match him in that regard, I wanted to be stronger. Braver. More respected and more worthy of being Luna to this pack. I also felt like a broken record as these are all things I have constantly wished for since meeting Cain.

I turned my head to examine Cain further and my eyes were drawn to the curve of his lips and the lashes of his eyes. It seemed so long ago that those lips had been firmly pressed to my neck as he marked me. The feelings we had in that moment, the raw passion. I felt myself craving to be that intimate with him again but also felt nervous and damaged. My body was not as it had been before, it was now marked by the scars of the time I had spent away from Cain.

A loud banging on the door to Cain's room had my heart racing and my grip on Cain's arm tightened tremendously. Cain jolted and tried to sit up but somehow I had the strength to keep him pinned to myself on the bed. I curled myself around him and flung my leg over his waist trying to be as close to him as possible. The banging resounded through the room again and I imagined Michael's men coming to kill not only myself but also Cain. I was terrified.

"Emily, let me check. I don't smell a rogue's scent, it's okay." Cain sounded like he was trying to be gentle with me but I could hear the edge in his voice. He was concerned about the banging but more so concerned about me. "Who the fuck is doing this right now?" Cain growled and finally managed to sit up. I stayed strapped to his front and straddle his lap, not a breath between us. I had my arms around his shoulder and my head buried in his neck.

"Th-they're here." Cain rubbed my back and began stroking my hair.

"Emily you're safe, you're okay. It's just some idiot. Let me just go tell them to go away. Really just-"

"No! You'll be killed. They'll kill you and I'll never forgive myself. It's all my fault. All of it. Everything, we're all going to die and I can't do anything." Cain gripped the sides of my face and rubbed circles on my cheeks with his thumbs. My tears covered his hands with their weight. I gripped his forearms trying to breathe while looking into his eyes. They were shifting between deep blue and black. He was conflicted between comforting me and handling the intruder at the door.

"Emily, breathe." I attempted to breathe normally but my breaths were ragged and my face wet. "Emily, look at me. Come on." I stared into his eyes and slowly I was soon able to breathe normally again but the sound of someone outside the door still disturbed me terribly.

"They're still there."

"I know, don't worry, I called on some warriors. They're almost here." Cain wiped my face with his thumbs again then began stroking my sides and then my back. I sighed and breathed while looking into his eyes. Shuffling was heard outside and then the complaints of a female.

"Let me go you idiots! I want to see Cain!" I felt myself get angry as I recognized the voice, it was Sophie.

"It's Alpha, learn some respect!" One of the guards shouted. Sophie honestly sounded drunk and my thoughts were soon confirmed as the sound of a bottle dropping outside the door resounded throughout the room and the smell of a strong liquor invaded my nostrils.