Chapter 2

Thank you for all the sweet comments on the last chapter!! I'm glad you guys are already enjoying this story!! I already have over 100 reads!! and it's just the first chapter!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Here's the next chapter Nords!! xx

--

*Maddie's POV*

Daryl had dropped me off at the small run down hotel after grabbing my car. I had given him the number to my hotel room so he could call me when my car was ready. The nice thing about the hotel was that it was in town so I could easily walk around and get to know the place.

I had spent the past day and a half watching the 'Davidson Auto & Repair' shop. I didn't know exactly who I was looking for. I hadn't even seen a picture of him. All I knew was he was here and he owned that shop. I sighed as I heard the phone to my hotel room ring.

"Hello?" I answered. It was silent for a few seconds. "Uh Maddie?" I heard that raspy southern drawl and an instant smile popped on my face. "Dixon," I said in return. "I, uh, hav' yer car. It's all done an' fixed. Should be good te go," he said. I felt my smile widen a little.

He seemed so nervous all of the sudden. I grabbed the one bag I had brought with me to the hotel and packed everything up. "That's great. So are you going to bring it to me or are you going to come get me so I can come back and get it?" I asked him.

"Uh, yeah, uh, I'll come an' git ye if tha' works for ye," he said. I nodded a little and then mentally smacked myself knowing he couldn't see me. "Yeah, that works. I'll see ya in a bit," I said. Daryl grunted in response and then I heard the dial tone meaning he hung up.

I sighed and grabbed my bag. I went and gave the keys to the manager before walking outside and plopping down on the curb waiting for Daryl. I heard the clunking of an old truck coming down the road and soon Daryl's truck was in front of me.

I quickly stood up and jumped in his truck. "Shouldn't be sittin' on the curb like tha'," Daryl said once I got in. "Well hello to you too," I retorted. Daryl snorted. "I was bein' seriously. Men are pigs 'round 'ere," he said. I nodded a little. "Noted," I said.

It fell silent for a few seconds and I wasn't really happy about it. "Look I feel like I owe you something," I said. Daryl looked at me out of the corner of his eye. "Ye don't own me nothin'," he said. I chuckled a little. "Oh but I think I do. I can't let you just fix my car for free."

I watched as Daryl shifted uncomfortably. "I don't wan' yer money," he said. I shifted a little so I could look at him. "Fine, don't take my money, but at least let me buy you lunch or something," I said. I watched as Daryl bit on his thumb nail slightly.

"Fine, jus' one meal. Tha's it," he said. I nodded slightly trying not to over step my boundaries with him. Daryl drove through town before parking in the lot next to the local diner. We got out and headed inside. I was a little shocked when Daryl held the door open for me.

Even though he was rough around the edges he was still a southern gentleman. I was hit by the cool breeze from the AC and the smell of burgers frying. Daryl and I sat in a booth that was in the corner. I had noticed that as we walked by we had gotten looks, well more like glares from all the locals.

A waitress came over smacking her gum with a pencil behind her ear. "I never thought I'd see the day that Daryl Dixon brought a pretty girl around," I looked up to see that she had a sugary sweet smile on her face. I looked over at Daryl and cocked an eyebrow.

I noticed the girl looked just like me except she had brown eyes instead of green. "Shut yer trap, woman. It ain't like tha'," Daryl growled while playing with the straw paper in front of him. "Well, ya know everybody else in here is thinking the same thing," the girl said.