Chapter 1

~~~~12 years later~~~~

Fluttershy and her father were riding across Equestria in their carriage, they needed to go to an engagement party. But Butterscotch wasn't happy. Because the engagement party was for his daughter, Fluttershy. Butterscotch looked out the window in a mad tone. Fluttershy noticed he was angry and held to his hand.

"Father, this whole arranged marriage thing is all that bad!" Fluttershy assured her father.

"Not that bad?!?! My only daughter is marrying a man who she doesn't even love!!!!" Butterscotch said in an angry tone.

Fluttershy backed away a little bit, she doesn't like it when her father is mad. Butterscotch sighed and turned to his daughter.

"I'm sorry for the outburst, but you know how I disagree with arranged marriages!!" Butterscotch said.

"I know father. 'People should marry for love and not for money' is what you always say. But we really don't have much of a choice! Besides we know the apple family so it's not too weird." Said Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy your getting married at age 18!!!!" Said butterscotch.

"I'm not getting married at 18!! The apple family knows that I'm too young to marry so they can wait 2 more years" Fluttershy assured her father.

"Even though Big Macintosh is a good man, your marrying someone whom you don't love!" Butterscotch reassured her daughter.

"Mom wouldn't agree with this either." Fluttershy muttered.

Butterscotch heard what Fluttershy said and felt a little sad. After all it had been 10 years since she past away.

"We both know your mother would want you to marry for love." Said Butterscotch.

"Butterscotch were here." Said the coachman.

"Thank you spike." Butterscotch said as he exited out of the carriage.

When he got out of the carriage his daughter followed him out into the courtyard of the apple family house. Everyone was they know was there and the first thing that happened was Applejack and Rarity went over to her and hugged her, while Butterscotch greeted their parents.

"Fluttershy darling I'm so glad to see you!!! All of our friends are here and are dying to tell you how happy we are for you!! I'll go tell them right now!!!" Rarity squealed as she went to go tell the others.

"How ya doin Fluttershy? This whole arranged marriage thing isn't bothering you is it?" Applejack asked.

Fluttershy looked at her in shock.

"W-Wait! How do you know that this was arranged?" Fluttershy asked.

"Oh please! My granny needs to learn to not tell me certain things that my parents don't want me to find out." Applejack replied as she and Fluttershy started walking to see their friends.

"S-So you're not mad or anything?" Fluttershy asked.

"Even though I don't agree with this darn thing, but if it's for the best, it's for the best." Applejack replied.

At one corner of the courtyard stood Fluttershy's friends and they immediately went over to hug her.

"It's nice to see you Fluttershy!!!" Said Rainbow Dash.

"Are you super duper nervacited?!?! Big Mac is going to propose to you, isn't that exciting?!?!" Pinkie pie squealed.

"Um...yeah sure." Fluttershy replied.

"You don't sound so convinced." Said Twilight.

"What?! No I'm very excited for this!!" Fluttershy said, trying to hide her uninterested feelings toward Big Mac.