[28] You Break Up

if u wanna take a ride on the feel train read on. but if u wanna go on the feel rollercoaster oo boi listen to the song linked above when u read

___

Obi-Wan

The vibrant colours of the sunset washed over the sky and gave everything a romantic, red glow, but you couldn't help but feel distraught, despite the gorgeous scenery. Your mind went through the memories that this balcony you stood upon held, like when Obi-Wan had first asked you out, where you had shared your first kiss and, as it would be, where you'd share your last.

'You called?'

The voice that interrupted your thoughts caused your heart to sink to your stomach. You didn't want to have to do this, but you knew it was the right thing to do. You turned with a small smile and nodded in acknowledgement of Bens presence.

'Yes,' you responded. 'I think we need to talk,'

His footsteps faltered before he could reach you, and he hesitated in the glass doorway that led to the balcony. 'We do?'

'Please, Ben,' you turned away as you felt the gentle breeze run through your hair. 'This is hard enough for me as it is,'

'Alright,' he was clearly saddened by your intentions, but he daren't speak, just in case he'd gotten it all wrong. But he hadn't, had he?

You sucked in a breath before speaking. 'I don't think we should be together,'

'I feared you were going to say that,' his gaze dropped from your eyes to his boots, and the wave of emotion that rippled through the Force made it feel like your chest had just been ripped in two. 'Why?'

'I'm just a distraction for you,' you claimed. 'You must focus on being a Jedi. You're their only hope, after all,'

He slowly stepped forwards before leaning down on the balcony with his elbows, taking in the view as he tried to contain his emotions. 'You know that I'd leave the Jedi ways just to be with you,'

'Don't talk like that,' you snipped. 'You don't mean it.'

'Oh, but I do,' Obi-Wan protested, finally mustering up the courage to look you in the eye. Still feeling slightly ashamed, you tore your eyes away from his. 'I'm truly, deeply in love with you, and no amount of Jedi rules, restriction or even deprivation will change the way I feel.'

It was at that very moment that you felt your heart throb painfully in your chest, almost as if it were constricted by a strong grip. You looked across at Obi-Wan, your expression distraught before you turned and left the room.

Anakin Skywalker

'I can't do this anymore,' Anakin announced. 'Yoda told me that I need to learn to let go of the things I fear to lose, so that's exactly what I'm doing,'

'What?' Your head whipped up.

'(Y/N), I'm sorry,' he apologised. 'But, I suppose, if you love something, you let it go,'

'Anakin, what are you doing?' You were alarmed and frightened, for this sort of talk had only just popped up. Not even an hour ago, the two of you were wrapped up in the others arms, talking about what it would be like to be married. 

He turned away. 'I'm leaving you. This is something I have to do. Please, don't argue with me,'

'I'm not arguing with you,' you whispered. 'I'm just confused,'

'I can't lose you,' he said, voice sharp although quiet. 'Don't you get it? If you stay with me, you'll die. Whenever someone associates themselves with me, they might as well just put a bullet through their own goddamn skull. At least, then it'd be less painful,'