[29] Nightmare

the preferences don't link so pls don't get confused when u like just broke up with ur babe and now ur spooning or someth 

___

Obi-Wan

Your fingers and nose were numb with cold as you stumbled through the snowy forest. You were running, though you weren't sure what from. All you knew is that there was a splitting pain in your lungs for a reason; you weren't just running from nothing. 

On the slippy surface, your foot caught on a rock or a root of sorts, and you fell tumbling to the ground. You tried scrambling to your feet but found yourself falling down in a panic every time you tried. You were weak. You were so weak.

There was a sudden buzz and a ruby-red glow was cast upon your shoulders. You felt the sweltering heat of the plasma blade, and you turned around, shaking with fear, to look up into the yellowed eyes of Anakin Skywalker, mouthing the words: 'you're next'.

'Darling! Darling, wake up,' Ben's voice morphed into your dream, and you suddenly realised that you were awake. You shot up with a start, feeling a line of sweat above your eyebrows. Your heart was knocking against your ribs in a wild manner as if it were desperately trying to get through a door and into safety. 'What's the matter? What did you dream about?'

You tried calming yourself, catching your breath and swallowing nervously, but you would've gotten nowhere if it weren't for the comforting arm of Ben around your shoulders. 

'It was- Anakin,' you breathed out, running a hand through your dampened, tangled hair. 'I was running. And then I tripped, and he stood over me and said 'you're next', over and over. What does it mean, Obi-Wan? What is he trying to tell me?'

His face paled for a moment. You'd had many premonitions in your dreams before, and most of them had been unavoidable. 'You've been thinking about Anakin too much, sweetheart. It's understandable after what happened,'

You could see the doubtfulness in his eyes. The two of you knew that this wasn't just a dream, it was a warning. Instead of protesting against Obi-Wan's words, you buried your head into his shoulder and squeezed your eyes shut, trying to will it all away.

Anakin Skywalker

Blood. Blood, blood, blood. Why was there so much blood? You could see it on the ground, gathered at your feet, and, with a terrified glance, you saw it splattered on your shirt and stained on your hands. Horrified, you stumbled backwards and found yourself stumbling over a heap on the ground. You peered to see what it was that you had tripped over, and you felt your stomach flip at the sight.

A small child, no older than five, perhaps six years old, lay face up, eyes staring down at you with a judgemental glare, almost as if he was saying 'you did this!'. You blinked and wiped a hand on your forehead, smearing the blood on your brow. Surely this wasn't your doing, was it?

You pulled yourself to your feet and looked around you. You immediately starting shaking at the sight. More bodies were scattered around you, but then there was a figure. The Emporer, you presumed, from his cloaked stature and menacing laugh.

'Good, good. You have done well, my young apprentice.'

Jolting up, you were yanked from your nightmare and pushed back into reality. You immediately reached for the warmth beside you but found nothing but the cold, untouched duvet. Anakin was in a room different to you, for you were still in hiding about your relationship. You tried to sleep, but you were still shaking violently.

You bounded from the bed and went to the bathroom. You splashed cold water on your face and inspected your appearance. You were pale, with reddened eyes and a bloodied lip from where you had bitten it in your sleep. With frightened eyes, you quietly moved into the hallway and stood outside of Anakin's room. You opened the door, careful not to make a sound, and studied his sleeping figure. He always was a deep sleeper.