Chapter 2

"Jenna dinner is ready!" Linda shouted, alright woman can you scream any louder!? I start to head down to the kitchen and realized we were having my favorite, chicken pot pie.

I decided to go let father know. Upon entering his office I was surprised to see he wasn't here.
I walked to the living room to find Linda. "Linda, where is my father?" Linda was finishing up some dusting, I tried to get her attention while she danced around.

I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder. She jolted a bit and took one ear phone out "oh, you gave me a scare." "Where is my father?" I asked without wasting time. "Oh, he said something about work calling, I think?" I began to worry.

He left for work? At this time?

Father never really leaves for work at this time, nor do they call him out of the blue. I went back to the kitchen and realized the date. But, to be safe I'll stop by his office.

I drove downtown and arrived in half a hour. I walk into the tall glass building and as I approached the head desk I see my father's secretary. The lady looks up and smiles "well hello, Jenna, long time no see," Margaret said. I laughed "hey Marg how are you?" Marg smiled "I'm ok, you Jenna?"

"Ok as well, um is my father in?" Marg gave her a confused look "no honey, he left two hours ago,"
"Ok, I was just checking in, thank you," I said while leaving.

I arrived to the cemetery in 2 hours, I had a feeling that father would be here, especially on this day. I get out of the car and head towards my mothers tomb. As I got closer, I found my father laying flowers on top of her grave.

"Hey I thought I'd find you here" I kneel next to him. He smiled with a sparkle in his eye, I can tell that he had been crying. "Today 8 years ago I,  Ahem we lost her" he said rubbing the stone smiling.

I smiled and let out a sigh, I wasn't sad for the fact I knew mother was in a better place. "I know father, but she is happy now," I pulled my father close. " I know, but it is still hard,"

I embraced him once more before helping him up. "Come on dinner. is getting cold"