06. The prince

Covering my face with a book, I deeply sighed. "What's with the sigh, Baekhyun?" My friend, Chanyeol; who is a knight at the palace asked me, as he rest his body against the bookshelf. Lifting the book a bit, I peeked at him. I take the book off my face and put it on my table that are fulled with papers. "These paperwork made me exhausted, Chanyeol."

I crossed my hand and look at him, boredom clearly plastered across my face. "This work doesn't makes my body any healthy." I whined, sighing yet again. Chanyeol shook his head but his smile is still there. Chanyeol is my childhood friend and we are at the same age. He became a royal knight by the time he reached 16. Many people admire him since he's the only one who claimed the title royal knight since young age.

We are already 23, but he's still the same. His skills never decrease. "Then, what do you want to do?" He asked, his hand rest on the sword that are hung around his left waist. I spin around in my chair and look outside of the window. Maybe I should try walking around, outside seems fun and lively. I can escape from gaining more stress. It will drive me insane.

"You're thinking about walking outside, right? Your highness." Chanyeol speaks from behind, his smile widen. "Sometimes I don't have to waste my energy to talk since you know what I'm thinking." I smile at him, my right eyebrow raised. "But you don't want to cause ruckus out there, right? Since you're the prince, and people know you." He pointed out.

I look down on the ground and I look back up at him. Then, my brain thinks of something that can solve that. "What?" Chanyeol tilted his head to the side, his face showed curiosity. "Think you can borrow me another guard uniform? And probably a hood?" I leaned in, resting my elbows on the table as I wait for his answer, or maybe reaction.

Other than adored knight, he has a nickname that called Reaction King. He reacts faster than anyone, and sometimes his reaction looks exaggerating but actually it's just how he react, natural. "What? Guard uniform?" His eyes is wide, maybe he have hard time believing what I just said.

"You heard me right." I smile. He remained still, looking at me as if trying to find that I was just joking. But he disappointed when he found none, and actually I'm serious about what I've requested. "Fine. But don't make your existence too obvious. Just act like a mere royal guard." His sighed. I smile when I heard his answer. I stand up from my seat, pressing the table as I did, and walked towards him.

"Come on, I should look at how my people are doing too, right?" I said, and he nodded his head in defeat. "Yeah, since when do you know how to persuade people?" Chanyeol sighed, opened the door that lead us to the hallway, out from my huge office.

We managed to asked for one new guard's uniform, and I put it on without hesitation. "Please keep it a secret from Your Majesty." I told the guard in charge, and he saluted, showing that he completely understand my request.

I put my hood on and walked outside. Chanyeol is waiting patiently as some of the maids talked to him, rather excited. Maybe they are one of those people who adore Knight Chanyeol, I thought. I hung my head low enough to prevent them from knowing that I'm the prince as I approached Chanyeol. "Let's go." I patted him on the back and he excused himself from those maids.

"Some fans you have back there." I teased him, as I observed his reaction to my statement. He keeps on denying things and I laughed. "Don't go too far, Baekhyun! You heard me?" He shouted as I walked around the corner. "A-ye, Sir." I replied, before disappearing from his vision.

I look around the palace, there are so many stores that sell attractive things, some of them baked cakes, some selling jewelry, and there's a lot more that are out of my vision. I approached one of the store that sells handmade bracelets and necklaces, the lady are busy selling it to the people that gathered around her stall.