07. Your highness.

"What? You met the prince?" Amanda asked me, shocked. Despite her shocked face and high pitched voice, her hands are still moving in cleaning the transparent glasses she bought on our way home. "Yeah, I've met him. Well, I met him on my first day here, too. At the rose garden." I sit on the chair and put my hand on my mouth before I started yawning.

"Are you for real?" She stopped at whatever she's doing, wipe her hands with a dry and clean towel before pulling the dinner table's chair and sit across from me. "Why are you so shocked?"

"Because you've got to meet the prince twice!" She looked at me with wide eyes. "But isn't everyone here meet him, too?" I rest my cheek on my hand and look at her, my eyes look at hers. "Well, yeah. Of course they did. But not personally! They meet him far on the castle. He waved at us like how a prince should do. And that's it! Consider yourself lucky because you've got to met him twice, and he's good-looking too!"

Amanda speaks like I'm a really, really lucky person to meet the prince personally. Well, maybe I am lucky. So I didn't argue back. "Yeah, don't you want to look for job?" Amanda questioned me as she put both her lower arms on the table, tilting her head to the side a bit. "Job?"

"Yeah. You know I have job other than this. This is just a side job, since I like baking. And I'm free today from work." She looks at the basket that sit on the floor near the stove. "Then, what is your job?"

"I'm a medic." She smiled at me. My eyes grew wide, looking at Amanda's smile. I thought she was joking as I'm waiting for her to laugh, but she didn't. She's not joking about her as a medic. "That's unexpected. I never thought you're a medic."

"Is that another way to tell me I look stupid?" Amanda pouts. I shook my head and hands fast, denying her question. "No! You look, uh, like a girl who falls in love with baking? But it's really cool though. You as a medic."

Amanda smiles at me. Then she suddenly burst into laughter. "I work for the royal, too. Sometimes." She wiped away her tears from the laughter. She stands up from her seat and reached for something in the cabinet, and revealed a white coloured flyer. "Here, take a look." She handed me the paper as she sits back on the chair.

I took the flyer from her hand and examine it. Before I could ask anything, Amanda said, "This paper stated the job you can apply for. Well, if they're looking for workers, though. Does any attracted you?" She takes a pair of cups from the cabinet and a jug, making some hot coffee. I read the paper carefully and one job does attracted me.

"Florist." I mumbled.

"What is that?" Amanda asked, her back is facing me. "Florist. I think I could be one. I used to take care of the tulips garden back then at my city. People often come to my house for help, too." I said, my eyes are still glued on the flyer in my hands. "Then, there's a plenty of flower shop where you can work on. Try some job hunting tomorrow." Amanda put a cup of hot coffee on the table.

We chat for the rest of the evening.

***

I stare at the ceiling of my new room. The moonlight beamed its light into my dark room. Outside I could hear noise at a far distant, people laughing and cheering. Showing that the city is still alive even though it's already late at night. "I couldn't sleep." I mumbled as I sit up on my bed. The blanket covered half of my body.

"Maybe I should take a walk." I stand from my bed and grabbed my robe, wearing it on and pulling the hood up to my head to cover my face, I walked out of the room. I stand in front of Amanda's room, debating whether to knock on her door to tell her I'm going to take a walk. But due to her quiet room, I assume that she has been sleeping.

Decided to not wake her up from her sleep, I leave the house quietly.

Some of the shop are still open, some people hang out there, having a nice cup of drink and chat with their friends. I walk passed the shop and went directly to the Rose Garden.

It's peaceful here.

I stare into the spaces and smile at the roses that softly blew by the wind. "What are you doing here?" I turned around to see the charming red haired guy standing behind me, crossing his arms as he smiled at me. I returned his smile. He walked to my side and look at me. 

"I couldn't sleep. What are you doing here, mister--" I stopped halfway, his eyebrows furrow at my sudden stop. "Sorry. I mean, may I know what you're doing here, your highness?"

He laughed at my question. His laughter echoed across the quiet rose garden. "What's so funny, your highness?" He laughed harder this time, he puts his hands on his waist as he did. I blinked my eyes in confusion towards his action. "Pardon me, I shouldn't laugh. That's so rude of me." He said between breath.

"I couldn't sleep, so I came here to chill." He finally answered my question. "I see." I nodded my head and lower my gaze. "Can I ask you something?" He tilted his head and look at me. I look at him for a while, and nodded. "Go ahead, your highness."

"Why are you so awfully pretty?" I almost choked myself upon his direct question. I didn't say I'm pretty but that was so sudden. "I am not pretty, your highness." I bowed. "You think so? I think you're pretty, though."

He looks at the roses ahead of him. 'How could he be so straightforward?' I thought to myself.  "Did I said to you that I really adore your eyes?"

"I think you've said before, your highness. Thank you." I smile. Have I ever mentioned how beautiful he is when he smile? He's like the captain to these roses. "I have to go now. Or they will be extra unnecessarily worried. The castle will be in a chaos." He faced forward me and smile. I nodded.

"You didn't talk much, huh?" He leaned down to look at me at my eyes. "Not really, your highness. I just haven't know you quite well, so I don't know what to talk about." I tried to keep calm despite the closeness. "May I pat your head?" He suddenly asked me out of nowhere and I nodded. Even though I don't know his motive.

He patted my head and smile, "You can drop the honorifics whenever you talk to me. Let's be friends." He said and leave after he excused himself and left. I was left alone, my cheeks feel hotter than it should be. "Who is that guy actually? He made me feel weird." I touched my cheeks and proceed home after I put my hood on.

"Byun Baekhyun," I repeated his name over and over. A smile plastered across my face as I say his name. "You're such a weird guy."

----

A/N: Ayo. Finally I managed to updated. My laptop cracked so the screen malfuntioned. And then I was sick ;-; So sorry guys. But here an updates and I hope you guys enjoy this update (even though it's obviously boring.) Thank you, xoxo. Leave some vote and comments!