17. Time flies fast

Thea's POV

It's been 3 months since I worked for the palace as a Royal Florist. Every day is calm and relaxing, even though through some times the palace is hectic and busy. I snipped the flower's thorns away and heaved a sigh. "Done", I murmured under my breath. "Grow up beautifully little flowers", I talked to them as if they would actually understand what I'm saying.

"That's a nice flower" Someone said from behind, startled me a bit, making me jolted and almost stumbled and fall. Thank goodness I managed to grabbed on the table in time. "Sorry, did I startled you? My apologies." He said, straightening his back. "Prince!" I shouted at him right after I saw him standing by the window from outside. He jumped over the window and leaned back against the wall afterwards. "Don't tell me your escaping from your paperworks again?" I smile at him, knowing that he did.

He raised his shoulders and dropped it again. He walked towards the flowers and said, "This flowers are beautiful. I heard they heal poison." He touched the petals of the flowers softly, gazing at them a little too long. "They do. How do you know?"

"I read them in books. There's a lot of books about plants and flowers in my office,"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes," He turned around and smile. "I don't mind borrowing them to you. They are rare books, you hardly can find one, even at the city."

I smile. "That is convincing, and amazing,"

"Please let me borrow them, Your Highness", I curtsied, jokingly. He laughed and nodded his head. He then suddenly pat me on the head, making me froze for a while. "I'll give them later," He said. I stare at his face, longer than I should be. "Is there something on my face?" He asked. I quickly pull myself together and shake my head. "There's nothing there, Your Highness," I replied. "Just admiring your face", I mumbled under my breath. He tilted his head to the side a bit, my voice inaudible to his ears.

"What--"

His question was interrupted when suddenly someone knocks on the door, making both of us to turned around and looked at the figure that is standing by the door, his head bowing as respect. "Pardon for disturbing your time, Lady Thea, Your Highness." He greeted. "It's okay. Please continue." His Highness replied.

"I am here to send Lady Thea a message from His Majesty. He has requested that he wants to meet you, Lady."

His statement makes both of us looked at each other. "I understand. Please guide me to His Majesty's room." I stated, as I walked towards the door but was stopped halfway when Baekhyun grabbed my arm. "Let me accompany you." He said. "But, will you be okay?"

"He's my brother, I'll just kick him if he didn't let me in." He smile. I couldn't argue and let him accompany me, as well. We walked towards His Majesty's office and entered after the guard knocked on the door and we were let in to the room. "I was expecting to see Lady Thea, alone." His remarked when he saw Prince Baekhyun is tagging along.

"You know I'm not quite the good prince", he said, smirking at his brother. His Majesty gives a smile before invited us to take a seat. "May I know of why you summoned me here, Your Majesty?" I questioned.

He took a good look at my face and slowly leaning back against the comfortable and luxurious looking chair of him. "You are quite well-known in our kingdom for your strong will and independence, Lady Thea,"

"Rarely anyone could gained the title 'Lady' by their own hard work except for when you are born in a family with high reputation and social class". He started. I couldn't argue. "You're even well-known outside of our kingdom. That's a good news for our kingdom." I politely bowed my head and accepted the praise.