10. Ceremony

"So you're invited to the royal ceremony?" Amanda asked, taking a sip of milk from the glass. "Yeah, that's what I'm told." I answered. "So that's mean, you'll be helping around the palace tomorrow?"

I nodded and hummed a yes. "Do you think I should go to sleep now? I would have to wake up early tomorrow, right?" I looked at Amanda who peacefully enjoying her cold milk. "Yeah, I suggest you go to bed now. Rumors said the prince is very strict regarding time management." She took another sip of her milk.

I stand up from the chair and told her that I'll be going to bed. She nodded, taking her glass to the kitchen as I excuse myself to my room. I closed the door behind me and slowly approached the window. A small light of rays from the street light entered my room.

Tomorrow's gonna be a very busy day.

---

"So we will be helping around the palace today." Jihyo stated while wrapping the flowers for the upcoming ceremony neatly and carefully. "Yeah, i'm actually looking forward to it." I replied, wrapping the flowers as well.

Jihyo did the most of the wrapping, her hands work faster than mine. "I heard that their cousin, the princess, owned a flower store. I wonder why they want ours." Jihyo shared her curiosity with me. "Maybe because our flowers represented the city?"

"One of the possibilities." She replied. She wrapped the flowers beautifully and put it at the side gracefully. Even though sometimes she tends to show her boyish character. "After we are done with this, we are gonna move all these flowers to the back of the carriage, and get going."

I nodded.

After a few minutes, we are finally done wrapping the flowers that the King asked for. Jihyo rubbed her hands against each other to remove the dust on her hands. "Okay, done. Let's get going now. You know, the prince is very strict when it comes to time management." She said, opened the door to the carriage we will be riding and let herself in.

"That's what Amanda said. I guess some of the rumors are true." I mumbled to myself, and followed Jihyo after and entered the carriage.

It took 40 minutes for us to get to the palace. While on our way to the palace, Jihyo managed to take a nap beside me, while I watched outside of the window. But her sleep was then disturbed when our carriage bumped onto a stone and caused her awake.

She fixed her clothes and re-tie her hair to a neat bun. "The prince really hates it when you don't dress neatly." She said to me. I touched my hair and untie my hairband just to re-tie it again to a braid. "You look good with braids." Jihyo complimented me. I thanked her and she said that she wants me to help her with braids some time.

I nodded in agreement.

"We are here." Jihyo said when we finally arrived at the palace. I could see a lot of guards around the palace; which is not a surprising matter to me, or anyone, and lot of maids working and walking in places.

It showed how busy they are doing their works in the palace. "I guess the people in the palace are busier than in the city." I mumbled softly, and Jihyo tends to heard it. "Maybe they are too busy to ven stop and wave us hi. Come on, we have work to do." Jihyo patted me on the back and she went to get the flowers.

Some of the guards are helping us with the flowers, maybe they are commanded to by the King.

"I'll go see the King and report. You can take your time looking and wander around, if you want. But don't go too far. You know it's hard to search for you in the palace since it's huge." She said. I nodded and told her that I'll be fine.

She followed one of the guard into the palace as he volunteered to show her the way to the King's office. I turned around to look at the nearby guards who have helped us, "I'm going to look around." I told them.