5 - Getting to Know You

After entering an elevator, the two men sigh in relief. I continue to sob and scream, hoping that someone can hear me even though that gag is on me. One of the men let go of me and I fall into the floor. When I feel someone reach out to touch me, I cringe away and try to scream.

There's nothing left to do now but wait. Nowhere to run and no one to help you, Mei. Just submit.

My flow of tears slows down and I stop screaming altogether. Someone pets me and pulls me up and into their arms.

"Shhh, you safe are now, princess."

It's Baba who's holding me. He is the only one who calls me princess and whose voice can bring relief to my suffering.

I rest my head on his chest and try to say his name, but it sounds muffled.

"Yes, Mei. It's me. We're almost there."

•••••••••

After an eternity of Baba whispering soothing words into my ear, the elevator dings and the doors open. Baba and the other man walk me out of the elevator to a room.

All I hear are footsteps. Most likely ours, but I'm unsure if there are others approaching.
We come to a stop and they turn me.

"We brought her."

"Take off the restraints and cover her up."

Baba removes my handcuffs and untied the gag. I remove my veil and take in my surroundings. I am at a loss of words. Mamoru is sitting on the staircase smoking, Eisuke and Soryu are sitting directly in front of me, and Baba and Ota are standing next to me.

Baba places his red suit jacket onto my shoulders. I slip my arms into it and shield my body from the eyes of the 5 men around me.

"Man, who messed up?" Mamoru says.

"Wasn't there supposed to be some statue up for auction?"

"There was. That's what I'm asking my subordinates at the moment." Soryu mutters angrily.

"Well, Mei. Welcome back to the penthouse. I've heard you put on quite a show for those backstage." Eisuke smirks at me to which I look down.

"Weren't you going home? What happened?" Ota asks.

"Probably sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong."

"Relax Sor. Mei, do you remember what happened? Want to sit down?" Baba asks, rubbing my back.

I nod and I sit on a chair next to Eisuke. Baba and Ota take off their masks and sit down as well.

"I-I was on the elevator. Two men came in and they were talking about some broken statue. They said I looked like Haruka." As I mention her name, a look of worry passes on all of the men's faces.

"They sprayed me with something that put me in a trance, so I could hear and feel everything but my eyes were closed. They took off my clothes-" I begin to cry again, the memory triggering others.

"You can stop there. Do you remember what the men who took you looked like?" His harsh eyes glaring at mine.

"One looked like Soryu and he kept referring to the other as Inui."

The moment I finish, a dark and murderous expression dominates Soryu's face instantly. He pulls out his phone and makes a call. I can hear some familiar faint voices on the receiving end.

"Hello Boss! The auction was a succ-"

"Inui. I want you and Samejima up here in 5 minutes. If you two aren't up here before that, you'd better start running. Fast." He growls before he hangs up.