28 - Winter

January 13, 2017

For the fifth time this morning, Satoshi has woken us up from a nap. A half hour nap, may I add.

"Soryu." I shove Soryu's chest.

"Mm." He groans.

"The baby." I shove him harder.

"I'm on it..." He sighs.

"He's probably lonely, so put this near him." I take off my shirt and hand it to him. "Our scent might be comforting. Put yours there too." I close my eyes and lay back down on the bed.

"Okay." He gets out of bed and walks to the crib.

I knew that having a child would be a full time job, but it's not exactly what I expected. I guess having worked at a daycare didn't guarantee that I'd be ready. Hell, I don't think anyone is ever ready to have a kid.

Satoshi's crying ceases when Soryu picks him up, but not completely. He still whimpers and breathes heavily. I hear the whimpering quiet down and the bedroom door close. I love how considerate Soryu is. He left to the living room to calm Satoshi down so I can rest. I owe him, but I'll make it up when it's my turn to take over.

••••••••••

I moan and stretch, waking up from a wonderful nap that was much needed. I sit up and rub my eyes.

"Honey, what time is it?" I ask, but receive no response.

"Soryu?" I open my eyes and see an empty crib and no sign of Soryu.

I scoot near the end of the bed and slip on my slippers. I check my appearance in the bathroom. My hair is tied in a very loose ponytail, my shirt is missing, and my abdomen is just a little smaller from my bump. More skin droops loosely and there are stretch marks all over my stomach, abdomen, and breasts. I decide to put on a shirt before going into the living room just in case anyone decides to visit or pick the lock.

I silently close the bedroom door behind me and sneak into the living room. I unplug my phone from the wall and see that my phone has blown up with pictures of Chisato in various dresses. Sakiko commenting on them all and wishing her luck on her date.

Ah shoot, I should do the same too.

"Sorry I haven't answered. You look great, Chisa. I hope you've had fun with Haru!" I hit send and receive a response quickly.

"It was a blast. Thanks! And don't worry. You're a new mom. Say hi to Soryu and Satoshi for me!" Chisato texts.

I set my phone down and look for Soryu, who I find sitting on the bright blue couch.

"Honey?" I peek around and smile.

Soryu's knocked out with my shirt over his shoulder and an empty baby bottle on the floor. He holds Satoshi with both arms as the two sleep peacefully. My heart skips seeing the two and I sigh.

I love them so much.

Soryu snores lightly and drool slides down from the corner of his open mouth. I've never seen him in such a state, and as much as I'd love to enjoy it, I can't let him sleep here.