15 - Mr. Oh

Soryu's P.O.V.

"Mr. Oh, may I speak to you? Don't worry, you aren't in trouble." Fudo calls out and smiles. "Congratulations on your wedding, Mrs. Oh."

"Thank you." Mei smiles.

"Mei, I'll be back. Mingle if you'd like. You can also call for Jia and Jie if you need to." I tell Mei.

"Okay."

"When I said love was a beautiful thing and told you to find it, I didn't think you'd find it so quickly. Congratulations. It looks like good things are coming your way." He smiles.

"Thank you."

"Do you mind me asking you how you two met? She seems like just an ordinary girl."

"We met through a friend at the IVC. She wasn't associated with the mafia until now."

"She didn't hesitate about your marriage? I can imagine the situation she's in to be daunting to her."

"She was worried about joining the mafia through marriage, especially since I'm the boss, but she seems to be used to it because my men in Japan are always with her." I half lie.

"Well, I'm glad you've found her. I wish you two the best and when kids come along, Fudo is a great name." He laughs.

"We'll consider it. Thank you."

I walk around with Inui and Samejima greeting guests and looking for Mei. About 20 minutes after searching, I am unable to find her.

"Samejima, Inui."

"Yes, sir?"

"Can you go look for Mei? I haven't seen her anywhere. Ask around if you have to."

"Yes, sir!"

"Soryu, there you are!" Simon smiles as he and Mei Ling walk up to me.

"Simon, how are you?" We bow to each other.

"I'm doing well, how are you? I hear that you've married? Can you believe that, Mei Ling?"

"I was in Japan with them when they signed the license, Daddy. Where's Mei?"

"I've been looking for her. She probably wandered off with her maids."

"Daddy has been dying to see her." Mei Ling sighs.

"Mei, is it? I bet she's as lovely and as good as Mei Ling tells me. I bet she has the best personality!" Simon smiles.

"She does. I'm glad you were able to make it. We were afraid that you would have been caught up in work or traffic at this hour. I apologize for the inconvenience."

"Nonsense! We're glad to be here celebrating with you."

"Boss, all of the preparations have been met at the mansion. Are you and Mrs. Oh ready to depart?"

"No, we still can't find her. Tell the other guards to keep an eye out. Also, look for Jia and Jie. They should be with her."