32 - Vacation

June 29, 2017

The household's current state remains in chaos as everyone searches rooms and closets for Satoshi. It's only been two hours, but it feels like an eternity. My mind has begun to create twisted scenarios of where he could be, or what could have happened. Himi, a maid, runs through the third story East hall of the main house with me. We search the rooms together.

"No sign of the heir in this room, Mrs." she sighs.

"We'll keep moving forward." I begin to pace outside the door and she calms me with a hug.

"He's fine, and you know it." She wipes away my tears.

"We can only hope." I hug her in return. "What time is it?"

"It is 7 a.m." She checks her wrist watch.

"Let's check this room." I twist the handle, only to be rejected by a locked knob.

"Excuse me." Himi unlocks the door, which ends up being a closet.

"Nothing here either." I walk away, dejected.

Three Ice Dragons sprint past us and the main living quarters of the third story. One speaks into his phone, and I stop him when he runs by me.

"Is there any news?!" I ask with urgency.

"There's a locked room no one can get into. We suspect the heir is in there."

"Lead the way, please." I let him go and he brings to run again. "Let's go, Himi!" The two of us follow him.

My heart pace accelerates due to anxiety, hoping that Satoshi is found in a safe state.

Please.

An Ice Dragon knocks on the door.

"Is anyone in there?" He asks but there is no answer.

"Have you tried opening it with a key?" Himi tries to stick a master key copy into the knob.

"The master copy won't enter the opening. Someone broke a key inside of the lock." Another maid sighs with annoyance.

"Break it down." I order.

"Who has thick shoes and socks?" 

"I think I do. Allow me." Bohai steps back. "Move aside please." We comply to his request.

He walks forward and begins to stomp at the door. It takes him about six tries until a dent appears.

"These doors are really thick." Bohai groans and dials Soryu on his phone. "Permission to use firearms to open a locked door?"

"The master key won't open it? Where are you?" I hear the slamming of doors in the background.

"It's jammed, and we're located on the third story, west of the main living room."

"Permission granted. I'll be there."

"Okay, everyone back up and cover your faces."

Himi pulls me back about six feet away. Bohai aims at point blank range to the side of the door knob. He covers his face and shoots once, but it barely makes a difference.