31 - The Start of a War

Cheng, Soryu, and I enter a large room decorated to the tees in gold. Beige couches and chairs and glass tables are placed against the walls. Beautiful floral arrangements adorn tables.

"The other high ranking aren't here?" Cheng opens a side door and the chatter of people enters the room. "Oh, they're sitting at the panel already. It's a full house, too." He closes the door a little. "You should begin the meeting, Soryu."

"You may sit here and wait a bit, Mei. We'll call you to come out soon." Soryu pats Satoshi's head and kisses me.

"We'll be waiting." I smile as they exit and close the door.

"We're all alone now, Sasa. What do we do?" I ask Satoshi.

He turns to look at me and sneezes.

"Pffft baaa..."

"Hey, there's a sound panel over there. Should we turn it up?" I stand with Satoshi in my arms and turn the knob.

Shen Hao's voice enters the room.

"For years the blood shed by our husbands, brothers, and sons has been in vain. The pain and suffering the Flaming Hounds have caused us ended briefly with a treaty that was meant to last ages, but was destroyed by their new leader, Fudo Oichi. He has implanted spies within our organization and killed many more, even taking extreme measures as an attempt on the lives of the high ranking, of the innocent, and of our royal family. The mutilation of Ice Dragon men will no longer be tolerated, as this weak treaty is revoked. Mr. Oh, if you will, please."

"It brings me great difficult to say this, but it is what must be done, ultimately. Through months of deliberation and deep thought, the Ice Dragons declare war against the Flaming Hounds in attempt to halt the paranoia and chaos that Fudo Oichi has implanted within our organization." Soryu says. "Men, we shall give our best in the fight and we will finally win this pointless feud that grows our stress."

Wow, so it's gotten this bad. I hoped the high ranking wouldn't come to this conclusion. I can only expect it gets worse from here.

"Things are surely going to get worse, Satoshi. But don't worry, I'll protect you with all my might. I'd never let them hurt you." I kiss his cheek and hug him tightly. "Ah! You don't play with mommy's earrings!" I carefully remove his fist from my ear. "There's never a dull moment with you around. That's what I love about you!" I attack him with kisses and he giggles. "You're cute."

"Just for tonight, we shall put this burden behind us and enjoy the festivities. I would now like to call my grandfather, the founder of our great organization, Cheng Oh to the panel." Soryu finishes and applause is heard through the speakers.

"Thank you. It brings me great joy to see all of you alive and well. I recognize plenty of faces from when I reigned, and I am glad to see you! Although it is belated, tonight we celebrate a humongous blessing. Let our festivities commence.
On the the seventh of September, 1926 the legacy of the Ice Dragons was born. In Guangzhou, Cheng Wang was born. He is the king of all journeys. The story that surpasses them all. His legacy continued with the birth of three children. On the 30th of March, 1964 Chung Li Wang was born into the organization. His given name carrying the heavy burden of being the strongest and wisest king, a leader with amazing qualities." He clears his throat. "The second and third of my kin being the beautiful gems that they are, Daiyu and Biyu Wang. Chung Li Wang later gifted the Ice Dragons the second heir in line to the throne. On the 11th of February, 1988 Chong Lung Wang was born, our Dark Blue Dragon King. Chung Li left the burden to his son and organization. It is not the proudest moment of the Wang legacy, but it has been lifted by our present Dragon Head. The organization has thrived since as a result of our savior's actions. Furthermore, the legacy has extended, and will continue to grow. Six months ago, our king and queen welcomed a prince to the world. An heir to the throne. The 28th of December, 2016 was his birth date, and today, June 28th, is when he will make his debut."